Womens Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly newbie, that's a soap! If the result does not impress you, check out the technique: "The resulting bars of body-positive soap have been carefully made in molds created from original casts." For those of you who don't even want soap touching your lips, how would fancy cozying up to silicone??

Cupcake soaps? I'll just leave now..................

I have also had an experience of "The Minty Shower Gel" and the nether regions - never again.

I agree that a soap isn't going to work at all for the ladies. Might be worth looking in more detail at some of the Tonics mentioned above.

Apparently, part of the attraction of the original peppermint Dr. B's liquid soap was exactly the tingle. And if you've ever bought that, you know the peppermint in it isn't subtle. That being said, my rosemary-mint liquid soap outsells unscented 2:1. So some people must either avoid the nether regions, or ... it really wakes 'em up in the AM!

Back to the other topic: my doc also says water only, and I sorta follow that, but I also don't have any trouble if I use (my own, of course) soap.

Wait, why are we talking about lady business again?

Interesting soap discussion. Never knew ladies were not washing lady bits what with store bought products and such. Never had a Dr. tell me otherwise. My DH would be unhappy if my routine changed.

I appreciate everyone's input on this (I was out of town all weekend, so I'm only just catching up). I realize it's a touchy subject. But there are women who are more prone to candida than others (usually diet related), and I would think using a vinegar soap in that area would actually help keep it somewhat at bay, or at least relieve the symptoms. ACV is a natural home remedy for yeast infections, so it makes sense to me.

It is best to wash it with water only, but you can clean your lady bit with specially made soap / acv / plain yogurt / green tea / etc. , just don't do it everyday. There are some good bacteria that lives in that area, you don't want to kill them all.

Some of the homeopathic remedies for yeast infections include boric acid or vinegar rinses so it would seem the little yeastie-beasties enjoy a more alkaline environment. I'm not certain vinegar in soap would be able to change the pH of the soap enough to be useful. However, on the pine tar soap thread, someone mentioned that pine tar in anti-fungal so I was wondering if that might be useful in this population you are targeting. You might want to test run it with some of the women though as some people feel it smells like burning rubber, which if it lingers at all, could be quite disenchanting to their mates.

I wonder if you could get the same benefits of the tar by using charcoal?

Yoghurt soap, not such a good idea. The bacteria in yoghurt compete with the candida yeast to help get rid of the infection, the bacteria wouldn't survive saponification. You'd just end up with a soap with higher sugar content from the yoghurt which would help the yeast to grow. I wouldn't use any sugar containing soap down there just in case.

However, on the pine tar soap thread, someone mentioned that pine tar in anti-fungal so I was wondering if that might be useful in this population you are targeting.

But is it anti-bacterial? (Sorry, don't know much about pine tar...)
Want to avoid anti-bacterial cause that can disturb normal flora making yeast problems worse...

In short (IMHO anyway), you can't make a soap that will 'help' as the pH of soap is alkaline, and what you want is something more acidic.
The commercial washes I've just looked at are soap-free, contain water, surfactants, lots of other things I don't recognise and then lactic acid, aloe, chamomile...

Well this is all very good info. I definitely don't want to do anything anti-bacterial. I realize it doesn't seem like an ACV soap wouldn't be acidic enough to make a difference, but the ladies who are selling it have repeat customers...there must be something to it at least. I think it at least warrants an experiment. :)

I have never heard that you shouldn't wash :) with soap! It does sound like some people are talking about the internal lady bits and other the external though so I am now rather confused....

Latest posts

Back