Wine in Soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know 4 or 5 suppliers who sell either lime margarita or strawberry margareta FO's. I'll get one in and soap it. Sounds like a Paul original to me!

Paul.... :) :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
A lot for me, a little for the soap pot, a lot for me, a little for the soap pot, even more for me, to hell with the soap pot.............ZZZZZZZZZZ :lol:

Paul....sleeping it off now, thank you! 8) 8)

Hey, that sounds like me! I do like wine. I think I'm gonna have to give this one a go after Christmas. I'll try to remember to post results when it's done.

I have been using starwberries & champagne from WSP for at least 3 years now, millcreek has a nice one too. My lime margaritta is from taylored concepts. TC have lots of wine scented fo's, don't know how they are though, never sniffed them.

I am looking for watermelontini and a great pina colada if anyone has a source.

I have a source for pina colada if I can remember where! I did not make the soap, a buddy did and I LOVEd the scent. It was not too coconutty and was a "warm" scent. I'll try to locate it Tab!

Paul.... :)

smellitlikeitis said:
Where in California do you live? Did I meet you at a fair? LOL in Suisun? Just wondering if that was you..

Anyway..

It will have to be flat!
Beer soap.. the beer is flat!.. I assume the wine will have to be room temp,and flat.
I think I would do half wine, and half distilled water..

Hmm.. I have wine in the fridge.. I am going to look into that..

Hey Paul, thats a good idea.. scent it with a Wine FO.. since the wine scent wont come out naturally..

Nope, sorry - that was not me ... I live in Paso Robles - which is about 30 miles north of San Luis Obispo. But nice to meet you all anyhow! I am glad to find this forum!

As for the reasons for using wine - As a professional manicurist by trade - I had customized several ultra spa treatments using fresh wine grapes - they are very good for the skin - antioxidants and free radicals (all that good stuff -- I will find my handout on this info and pass it along). I am interested in possibly using many varieties (red, zin, cab) featuring the local wines from the area... Just though it would be a neat spin, to help set my soaps apart... Fits the area great too!

:) RoRo

Can I ask where I can find the wine FO?

How about "Jimmy Buffet Bar" ?? Add some dead sea salts, lime and lemon juice - and the zest --- sit back and relax with this one!

:D RoRo

Natures Garden has this interesting FO that would work well.

Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Fragrance Oil (ZB,ZS)
Size Your Price Qty
1 ounce $ 2.50
4 ounces $ 7.99
8 ounces $ 10.99
16 ounces $ 15.95

Mix and Match Fragrances!
Buy 5+ 16oz fragrances and receive $1.00 off on each 16oz bottle! Or try 10 samples of fragrance and save $5.00

Description:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An NG Original Scent. The sweet aroma of wild grapes enhanced with hints of strawberries and sweet sugary notes with a light alcoholic background. A wonderful aroma of red sweet cabernet wine. For use in candles, potpourri, bath and body products, incense, melt and pour soap, and cold process soap. Flash point >200F. Coloring suggestion for a four pound batch: 2 drops of burgundy liquid dye plus 2 drops red liquid dye.

Paul... :wink:

EO=essential oil=100% natural
FO=fragrance oil=synthetic, a fragrance oil may be made up of many diffrent synthetic elemements & *may* have some EO in it as well. Many people who make a 100% natural product but choose to add synthetic FOs call them *nearly natural* or may even break it down to 98% natural.

Tabitha said:
EO=essential oil=100% natural
FO=fragrance oil=synthetic, a fragrance oil may be made up of many diffrent synthetic elemements & *may* have some EO in it as well. Many people who make a 100% natural product but choose to add synthetic FOs call them *nearly natural* or may even break it down to 98% natural.

Thanks, Tabitha! I was wondering about that one. Do you know about "cosmetic grade" FO's? I assume this means they too are synthetic? (darn!)

Is there a web resource for all natural ingredients listings? I also came by a way to color soaps with natural ingredients -- but cant find it again! This is very interesting!

Cheers! and have a Great Day! roro

Latest posts

Back