Wicked Disappointed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmtree

Reaction score
I have a few questions. First, I don't often use palm oil but when I do, this happens ImageUploadedBySoap Making1395409835.060139.jpg, little dots in my soap. Really irritating.
Secondly, I have a vanilla fig that I did in soap calc and somehow the properties from a previous soap got transposed onto this soap. It's actual cleansing is 38! I realized this after looking through my recipes. It's only one test batch but I would like to do something with it. It is very stripping. I used it this morning. I also think I used a bit too much vanilla paste. What can I do with this? It's the pic on the left. It's so pretty!. Lastly, I just did a test batch of blueberry lemon cake. I used fizzy lemonade from bb and it seems like the combo of the yellow color and the lemon cake fo are turning the yellow areas a crusty orange instead of pretty yellow. And it's also turning a bit brown already too. Way gross and frustrating! So much for my pretty blueberry soap now. Any ideas? I had some leftover soap so I put the rest in some little silicone bug shapes. Here's an example of the yellow/orange. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1395410271.185930.jpg

Wow, in my monitor it looks like royal purple.

You could shred it and mix it in with another batch.

In that top one, the white flecks might be stearic acid. Were you by chance at the bottom of the bucket of palm? Apparently, palm can settle out, and the stearic acid sinks to the bottom.

Top pic - stearic spots (maybe soap hotter next time) or possibly air bubbles if you used a wire cutter.

Browning - most foodie FOs, even if they don't specify, contain vanilla which will brown your soap.

Latest posts

Back