Why did you become a Soap Maker/Artisan?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My motivation has been twofold. I have always detested commercial soap, some are better than others but as a whole they are all lacking. The other motivation is I work away from home and I have been seeking a business that, 1, I enjoy, and 2, has the potential to replace my current income.
I am presently far away from being, first, good enough to sell my product, and second, ready to roll out the business plan.
But I am working on both and have always believed that if you make a product that is in demand, better than most, and better value, and most of all, have a passion for, then you can't help but succeed.

we found a bar of goat milk soap at a market on our honeymoon, and they said it was good for psoriasis. Aaron has psoriasis, so we bought some. He loved it, and didn't need to use much aqueas cream anymore. We had copius amounts of goats milk available to us for free from Aaron's Dad's farm, so I went online and learned how to make it. made enough just for us, but kept meeting people who wanted to buy it for their own dry skin etc. Now am starting a business, but with a 1 year old and 1 on the way, its slow going. i've never been happier tho. love the creativity you can put into it, as others have mentioned, love the fact that I'm messing about with oils and beaters and the finished product won't make me fat :eek:)

Latest posts

Back