Wholesale shipping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbie.johnson

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just got a large wholesale request 80- 100 bars. My questions are how do you ship and what are standard production times? Do you keep that much in stock or make them wait 6 weeks for a full cure? Also they are asking about free shipping and this is the largest order I have ever gotten. Usual orders for me are 25 bar min. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bobbie

I only cure for 3 weeks but I tell my clients that it is a 4 - 6 week lead in time in order to allow me the time for things to go wrong. I ship via Canada Post.

Congrats on your order.

Thanks Lindy for the reply, I am kind of overwhelmed with this because usually the orders I have received have been 25 bars or less. Seems like a leap to take.
Bobbie

Personally I stock that much. I believe that if a buyer wants products in 3 to 5 weeks they would order in 3 to 5 weeks. Any order placed today I try to have shipped out by the next day at the latest. I always charge shipping. There is no such thing as a free lunch. I mean that I don't hide any thing any where. if I were to include free shipping I would raise the price of each bar in order to make sure every order had shipping covered. I can ship 70 bars much more efficiently than 4. the long and short of it, somebody is getting screwed that way.

... they are asking about free shipping ...

Yes, I'm sure they are! :crazy: Selling at wholesale prices provides you with a thin profit margin already... it isn't feasible to offer free shipping on top of that. Besides, free shipping doesn't exist... it's either paid up front or factored into the price of the product. Doesn't matter if you order from across town or around the world.

Latest posts

Back