Whole Leaf Aloe Vera

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharyn

Shaz
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to use the whole leaf of the aloe vera plant (after taking off the thorny sides), in soap or gel?
I am pretty new to soap making and I am learning so much from this forum, I love it - Sharyn

You will need to remove all the skin and just use the gel inside. The skin can irritate some peoples skin.
I blend the gel with a little water in a nutri bullet and use that as the water part of my recipe.

I have pureed the whole aloe leaf in a blender and added it to my soap. You will little green speckles in your soap; but if that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

Obsidian, thank you very much. I did find a recipe for whole leaf gel, and I made it, used it and gave some away however, in the back of my mind I kept coming back to it, and got a little concerned. I will not make that again, and again, thank you for your quick response and advice.
I don't sell anything that I make in this line of products but I do make a lot of products (almost daily), for our church as they donate hundreds of hampers weekly to the elderly, incapacitated, families, uni students and cancer sufferers (with cancer packs every month).
I make a lot of soaps, hand sanitiser, laundry liquid and powder, shampoo bars etc etc. I am always looking for something new to make for them, and I really don't want to risk hurting anyone. I buy a lot of melt and pour soap, especially the goats milk for the cancer patients, I colour them, add some ess oils for them (costs a fortune, so I tried to make my own... didn't work lol, not good enough to give away). I love hot process soap for the obvious reason.
I am a pensioner in lockdown (9 weeks now)............ like many, many others, so this is my way of contributing and keeping me sane. I love pension week, I go on a spending spree for ingredients, packaging and labelling. My goodness, I did not mean to rave on like this however, if you can think of anything else that is easy to make in bulk that I can do, I would love some ideas. Thank you again, have a wonderful day, stay safe and well.

My method is pretty much the same as above, scrap off the outer skin, scoop out the gel and blend. But I do soak the root of the leaves in water for half an hour before cutting and blending. You can see the water turned greenish yellow after soaking. Dunno the scientific explanation but I was told something in those yellow juice could irritate skin.

My method is pretty much the same as above, scrap off the outer skin, scoop out the gel and blend. But I do soak the root of the leaves in water for half an hour before cutting and blending. You can see the water turned greenish yellow after soaking. Dunno the scientific explanation but I was told something in those yellow juice could irritate skin.
Thank you very much

Back