Who do you use to make labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check out Vistaprint.com I can't remember offhand if they make labels but I've gotten biz cards and such from them in the past. Often times you only have to pay shipping.

I make my own labels and tags. I use a combo of photoshop and corel programs, and then print them with my own printer. My label stock I've ordered from onlinelabels.com

pinkduchon said:
Interested to know what the purpose of a Xyron 510 is. I looked on line but not sure how it applies to soap labels.

Jen, I'm a bit slow in answering this, but the purpose of the xyron is to turn ordinary paper into a sticker. You can get several different cartridges, but I use the one that makes a sticker with permanant adhesive and a laminated front. I just print my label on whatever type of paper, cut it out & run it thru the xyron, then peel the backing off and stick it on my container.

I use the staples brand for avery 8160 address labels. I color them with a little bit of really strong instant coffee to turn them a nice krafty brown. Then print them out in WORD.

I use Print Master Platinum for most of my labels. Most label vendors give templates free for download that work great with Print Master. I get most of my label material from onlinelabels.com. They also have a great label design tool that you can use for free up to 30 days from your last purchase.

Bruce

ilovedoxies,
how do you do that without ruining the stickers? i would love to do that,
thanks, renee

I mix it up really strong and dark. I then use a sponge and wipe across. You have to go fast because the paper soaks it up quick. The paper will be wet and it will curl so you'll have to sit something on the corners to keep it flat. If you want to speed it up use a hair dryer on high.

I usually use 2 coats. I'll try and post a photo this evening when I get home from work.

I beats ordering kraft labels and you get to control how dark you want it.

carebear said:
I use Avery Design-Pro. It's free and marvelous.
I get my labels from onlinelabels.com. They have one software that is not marvelous but is workable. Unfortunately it's no longer precisely free.

Yeah, ya like how they do that with the activation code? :roll:

brilliant. those are absolutely beautiful. is that craft paper- like from the scrapbook section for wrapper-- that is what i use and i hate looking at my white address label on my herbal soap. i can't wait to try it. thanks for the picture.

Yes, it's scrapbooking paper cut into strips. I found it last summer at Big Lots for $2 per package. The coffee is instant Sanka with the red label.

Glad you like it :)

Thank you thank you thank you! That makes so much more since and it's complete creative control.

I'm a newbie to making soaps and body products...I was searching all over on how to get very nice labels for my gift boxes.

Becky said:
pinkduchon said:
Interested to know what the purpose of a Xyron 510 is. I looked on line but not sure how it applies to soap labels.

Jen, I'm a bit slow in answering this, but the purpose of the xyron is to turn ordinary paper into a sticker. You can get several different cartridges, but I use the one that makes a sticker with permanant adhesive and a laminated front. I just print my label on whatever type of paper, cut it out & run it thru the xyron, then peel the backing off and stick it on my container.

Latest posts

Back