Whipped soap....does anyone know how to make them?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimmergirl

Reaction score
I ran across some pics of some whipped soap and would love to learn to make some. Any info out there? Thanks!

Cherry

The easiest way is to buy a base from a supplier like wholesalesuppliesplus, add scent & whip it.

Were you wanting to make it our of CP, M&P or something else?

I like this method for whipped soap - Nizzy. It's easy to do, and really gives you time to work the colors. The soap takes a while to harden up, but when it does it's great!

Thanks again! Have you tried this method? And how many times have you attempted? And with success? I think it looks so good!!!!
Cherry

I've done it several times, with lots of success. The most important thing is to get the lye water ICY cold.

Now I have to admit that my 'cupcakes' are absolute crap. I want to take the Wilton cake decorating class at Michaels so I can learn the right way to decorate. Could be very pretty if you had mad skills in the decorating department. I don't. :oops:

Thanks! I love the cupcakes also. I'm sure your cupcakes aren't crap. Like they say practice makes perfect.

whipped soap

i am by no means an expert on this, but after about a dozen batches i will never go back to regular c/p again! what i love about it is you make almost any recipe work. i use 50% soft oils and they come out wonderfully. they are thick, but pourable. also, i dont have to ever worry again about f/oils seizing in my batch, and adding g/milk or coconut milk is a snap! i add my lye to 60% aloe or water, chill before blending in, then after everything is incorporated, i add my 40% milk or yogurt just before i add my fragrance. after pouring, a couple of raps on the counter with the mold smooths the surface of the mold. cover with plastic and oven process- pre-heating oven, putting your mold in there, switching the oven OFF!-and leaving overnight to harden. they are a dream to cut! also with the whipping i see an increase in volume, which translates into bigger bars. 56 oz of oil gave me 18 1.125" bars--now my bars are just under 1.5".

Did you create your own recipes for that on your own? And how long have you been soaping? I'm new and I'm in the reading process now and trying to let it sink in. Thanks for the info!

whipped soap

on and off about 11 years. things are so much better now with the instant info and forums on the web! i created my own recipe with www.soapcalc.com which is wonderful if you want to "fine-tune" a recipe.

this is also the best forum on the planet! the moderators and other soapers are such a great, supportive group!

Re: whipped soap

heartsong said:
they are a dream to cut! also with the whipping i see an increase in volume, which translates into bigger bars. 56 oz of oil gave me 18 1.125" bars--now my bars are just under 1.5".

Nizzy's soap look very pretty. I have read that if you whip your soap long enough, you can make soap that floats. So I wonder....

does your soap float? So is it much lighter (in weight)? Does the soap last as long as the regular soap? I would like to get my hands on one of these soap and see for myself someday :)

whipped soaps

yes, like i said b4, i like mine more pourable, but a couple times i wasnt paying attention, and it became very stiff, like frosting, and i had to plop it into the mold and level and smooth the top like frosting a cake. so far all my soaps have turned out well. i use steric acid, which makes my soaps harder and longer lasting.

if you want soap that you can pipe through a pastry bag, or very stiff, you would use harder oils like palm, palm kernel, 92 degree coconut or cocobutter..

the more you whip it, the more air is incorporated, which makes for a bigger bar and a soap that floats. mine usually lurk just below the surface since i dont whip it as much.

Back