Which kind of lanolin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicklet

Reaction score
I found a recipe for lip balm that calls for lanolin but I don't know what kind to buy. I've done a search on the forum for lanolin - got all bogged down in some very interesting posts where lanolin is used in soaps and body products but didn't see much info about the lanolin itself. I've found pharmaceutical grade lanolin, anhydrous lanolin, anhydrous lanolin butter, lanolin cream, etc. Whether or not I am ordering from Amazon, I like to go there to research things because I learn so much from the product reviews, but I'm even more confused after reading the lanolin reviews. I want a pure product, yes, but I also don't want to pay a fortune if something cheaper will work.

I would love some input from you lanolin users. :) Thanks!

Thanks, Genny. :) I placed order at The Sage yesterday, then last night I was reading more about lip balm and some people reported that the lanolin smells so bad they were leaving it out. Great! :/ I'll probably try it anyway and I'm sure I can find other uses.

I have friends that have made lip balms with lanolin, but you will never find me doing that. I won't put that stuff on my lips. I know where it came from.

Elbows and knees, I will put it there, though.

Back