Where to buy candle wax in the UK?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2soap123

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the candle making hobby, where is the best place to buy wax from......seems bit expensive from my initial search.

Where do you guys buy from?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am in the UK, sorry, thought this was a UK forum :)

Last edited:
I don't know where you are, but the best place to buy wax is the place that carries the wax you will be using with the least expensive shipping. If they are local or close enough and have pick-up service even better. Wax is expensive, but it's heavy so shipping it makes it even more expensive, so you need to figure out the shipping cost into your wax cost and find out where the best/cheapest place is.

There used to be a place here local to me that the wax was higher by $20-$30 (at least) a case, but they had pick-up service so that made it cheaper for me to buy there.
Now I have to buy out of TX, even though NV is closer. The NV wax supplier is the same price as the TX wax supplier, but their shipping is almost double what TX is, so it makes TX the better deal.

Soap making and candle making are both fairly expensive hobbies, wax isn't even the start of it...you have vessels, fragrances, colorants (if you use them), wicks (for which you have to do multiple tests usually). I've been practicing with candles off and on for about 1.5 years and I still am not happy with any of my results. I prefer wax melts because they seem to be a lot easier to get a good result.

I agree with @jcandleattic about finding a local supplier (although I have not yet done this either)

As far as suppliers in the UK, I'm not really sure. Soy wax is pretty cheap and easy to get in the US, as is Coconut 92, and stearic acid. I would think paraffin would be cheap and easy to get no matter where you are, but am not sure.

Thanks for your replies so far.

In the UK I am finding Paraffin and Soy wax at about £2.50/£2.70 per kg so far....thats buying a 25kg lot....more expensive in 1kg lots.

There are loads if wax suppliers in the uk but depends on what wax you want. If you google uk wax suppliers you will get loads.

But yep those prices seem correct, expect to pay up to £5 a kilo for small quantities.

thanks everyone, i thought maybe i was somehow just not finding the "good deals" on wax.....expensive hobby this.....maybe cheaper to buy an ikea candle and melt it down :)

Oh just wait till you start trying buying fragrance, that's a rabbit hole we all fall in and yep it gets expensive!

IKEA use a blend I think - cheap yes but imo rubbish candles.

Latest posts

Back