where can i buy olive oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubLowe

Reaction score
obviously any grocery store lol .. but ones around me only sell big bottles in extra virgin and i want some pure olive oil. where do you usually buy yours ?

Sam's club. 3 Litres $12.48, regular olive oil, not light or virgin or extra virgin.

You may also want to check to see if you have any sort of restaurant supply store in your area, they carry larger amount of oils for reasonable prices.

I'm a Sam's Club Pure OO (not EVOO) buyer and yep, its 3L for approximately $13 - the lid on it is yellow, not the green. I won't be a Costco member for quite awhile as the closest one to me is a 2 hour one way drive but there are rumors that the city about 45 minutes from here is opening one in the next year. So for now, its Member's Mark Pure OO.

awesome, i will see if my mother in law has a costco or sams club card and in the mean time check for restaurant supply stores too! thanx ladies!

Kirkland's, from Costco, was tested and found to be 100% olive oil. IF they offered bulk coconut, tallow and palm maybe I could justify my membership.

Oh sudbubblez! There are plenty of other non-soap related items that justify my membership. :lol: I'm always spouting off at work about this from Costco or that from Costco. I buy most of our groceries at Costco now and only supplement with grocery store.

kharmon320 said:
Oh sudbubblez! There are plenty of other non-soap related items that justify my membership. :lol: I'm always spouting off at work about this from Costco or that from Costco. I buy most of our groceries at Costco now and only supplement with grocery store.

This.

They (both Costco and Sam's) have a lot of other, non-soap related things that I think make a membership worthwhile. Notice, I didn't say any of these things were more important than soap related things, just that there ARE others! :lol:

SubLowe, if MIL doesn't have one, you may want to see if she would be interested in splitting the cost of one. I think they will both give you a guest pass, you can go look around and check out prices and see if it would be worth it.

Yep yep. I use the little paper bathroom cups to measure out my lye for my smaller batch so I got 600 of them for less than $8 at Sam's. Plus we buy all our paper towels there, as well as toilet paper, and we cook with a lot of EVOO anyways, AND their butter prices are good at only $2/pound for all my baking needs. Not to mention the good prices on other items too. My mother and I split the cost every year, so $20 each for a year of good savings that is made up very quickly.

do you guys think BJs would carry it? my MIL has a card for BJs.

we just moved to the area and im thinking about getting a sams club card eventually just dont need it right NOW other then for my olive oil lol .. but dont have the exta $ for membership. well i do but just dont feel like paying for it if i dont NEED it .. kwim?

Latest posts

Back