When to cut hp soap? How many hours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As we talked about in the other thread - check it regularly to see when it is firm enough and soft enough to be taken out and cut. Once you know the approximate time for your situation (recipe, cook time, mould size - so many variables play in to the time when a soap is ready for cutting) then you can work to that more. If you know last time you made this soap it was ready in 12 hours, you could most likely leave it that long again

Good advice from EG, I cut it when it sets up hard enough to cut without becoming misshapen from the pressure of the cutter.

I think hp soaps is more difficult than cp soaps. Some of my hp soaps i have cut after more than 24 hours Some after 9 hours... If i get it right so when it is cold, and not sets to the mold, i will try

Thanks, for everybodys help. I cut mine hp soap today after it has bine cold, that works great. I think i maybe also have cooked my other batches to long.....
After about 1 hour i did a zapptest and it was good.

If it gets too cold and hard to cut you could try warming it up some to soften it.
Ok that i must try, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been making CP now for 18 months. I made my first HP two days ago and cut it four hours later it looks great will wait a few weeks to dry.

Latest posts

Back