What's In Your Soap Pot This Week-End? (31st Oct - 1st Nov)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got people clamoring for coffee soap so I think I'll do some 2" rounds for that wth some chocolate FO. I got some cute little christmas tree molds I think I'll make with some Santa's Pipe FO. My Pinon/cedar/oatmeal all veg is a hit with the guys, so maybe I can squeeze it in too. And now DH wants shaving soap!

I'm doing lard, oo, co, castor, coconut milk combination with honey added in the end and scented... well, I'm not sure. Probably a pumpkin pie spice, a summer fruit, and a peach ginger. I'm thinking I'll probably do a plain test batch (1lb) of sugar soap using the same base soap (no scent) only adding 1/2 to 1 cup sugar ppo right before molding - think that will work or is that too much sugar?

iam making "flower bomb" not sure what recipe yet, prob. hp, since i only have 1 ounce of fo, out of castor, crap! i did a online order, but wont be here in time, may have to go to natural store.

artisan soaps said:
That's a LOT of sugar, no idea what will happen but be careful it doesn't overheat ..

Why are you adding the sugar?

Adding sugar to make sugar bars, and as I do cphp so the heating process should be done, shouldn't it?, by the time I mold. I don't intend to add it until right before molding (maybe let it cool just a bit and stir it in really good to release more heat) I'm thinking it won't overheat. Also, I cool mine in the freezer for about an hour before unmolding. Never done this before so I'm open to suggestions.

honor435 said:
iam making "flower bomb" not sure what recipe yet, prob. hp, since i only have 1 ounce of fo, out of castor, crap! i did a online order, but wont be here in time, may have to go to natural store.

Wally World and Walgreens both carry castor oil if you don't want to make the trip to the natural store.

I plan to do a coffee bar if anyone answers the questions in my other thread :lol:

I have pink sugar FO and would like to do a sugar bar although I have no idea how to do that so I will have to research it.

Also have some autumn lodge FO I want to make some christmas gifts with but am not sure if I can get all that in this weekend. I should do the xmas stuff first I suppose so I can give it out at xmas! lol.

last 100 sugar scrub cubes...

and then i'm down to cleaning, wrapping and packing! and getting a rubber stamp and business cards and...and ...and...

Now that I found my most favorite recipe, I'm going to use my most favorite scent....strawberry cphp!

After my fiasco last weekend, am staying out of the soap room for now. Dropped 32 oz. of oils :cry: ALL over the floor. Had the lye solution already done with frozen gm so re-calculated with new oils and no idea but guess I was flustered from mopping up oil and the new batch was lye heavy. My first ruined batch of soap since I started this hobby. Was in tears, so this weekend is just shopping and Halloween with daughter.

Nick, I'm sorry about the mess. That's too bad! Hope you can get back to soaping when you want to.

I'm thinking of another EVOO and castor oil, perhaps with a tad of jojoba.

Just finished molding a whipped batch of half black cypress and half yellow yuzu :)

I was wanting to get a non-whipped green apple scented batch in this weekend too, but the fragrance I ordered isn't the candy green apple I was hoping for and I've called every local hobby shop in the area and no one carries it, so... Not sure if I want to use this real apple smell or not.

i finally made my soap with the chanel no5 FO. i'm not sure whether i like the smell much atm and am hoping it improves as it cures.
this was also the first time i forced gel. i rtcp it as this was the first time a soap has ever heated up for me using rtcp. i decided to force gell because i was worried about partial gel with the heating, so i wrapped it with a dark towel and stuck it out in the sun. it did get quite hot, and is now cooling down. i made 2 moulds worth and unmoulded the small mould and sliced it up - no partial gel (yay) and it looks very nice and creamy coloured. i was expecting a medium beige according to the review on the soap, but so far, it is quite light. i'll wait to see what happens as time progresses.

Back