Whats In Your Soap Pot 3/14-3/15/09

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I sold out of some soaps this past weekend so I will be making - Bastille, Oatmeal & Honey, Tropical Dreams, Whipped Body Butter - then I got asked for the followin - Lavender with FO, Patchouli, Fisherman's Soap (100% coconut & Anise FO), Coffee Soap with lots of coffee grinds (people here like it for a gardening soap).

Not sure if I'll get anything else done - and some of the above will have to be HP to have them ready on time.....

Cheers
Lindy

Well, mine all sound boring compare to yours, maybe I'll jazz up the names a bit
Milk Chocolate Mint, chocolate mint F/O and Cocoa for colour

Luxurious Lavender,...Lavender infused oil, lavender infused water, lavender EO, lavender bud coffee grinder ground, with a sprinkle of lavender bud on top for show.

Oriental Sunburst, orrr, blood orange, orange 5x, and pink grapefruit EO's and ginger powder with coffee grinder ground orange skins, and coffee grinder grounded calendula flowers for scrub and colour.

Yes, this weekend I'm having a love affair with my coffee grinder.

Oh yeah, and I made some little fire starter cubes out of the leftover lavender buds that were infusing my PO. Mixed em with a bit of beeswax and palm kernal oil, work like a charm, smell pretty good too.

Oh, I almost forgot, I rebatched, I think that's the correct term, basically slow cooked some soap scraps with water and made something I call
Momma's Everything but the Kitchen Sink Loaf... boy does it look like a dogs breakfast....lol. But hey, it's still soap.

Busy

Lindy said:
Well I sold out of some soaps this past weekend so I will be making - Bastille, Oatmeal & Honey, Tropical Dreams, Whipped Body Butter - then I got asked for the followin - Lavender with FO, Patchouli, Fisherman's Soap (100% coconut & Anise FO), Coffee Soap with lots of coffee grinds (people here like it for a gardening soap).

Not sure if I'll get anything else done - and some of the above will have to be HP to have them ready on time.....

Cheers
Lindy
Busy ,busy busy lady :lol:

I rebatched some fugly citrus cream, and made 5 lbs of plain soap for handmilling at a later date. :)

Sounds like everyone has some really great smelling scents. I am fairly new to soap making so have only tried a couple of suppliers. Can anyone advise who they use; have you found someone with FOs that are great smelling and holds their scents? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. It seems to be very costly to experiment, but what the heck, I always use the soap, or give it away to my family and friends. Would love to find one good supplier that I could get everything I need from; oils, butters, FO, EO, colors.

I didn't soap over the weekend - I think I threw out my back, won't know til my appt at the chiro tomorrow. From everything I can tell, seems like my hubby's back which sucks (he herniated 3 disks a few years ago)..

Hopefully later this week, I'll be soaping though - new shipments (3 of them!) of FO coming on Thursday..

I'll be working on Poteet Strawberry and another Fredericksburg Peach for the Local Soaps Project..

Maybe another goatsmilk soap - we'll see.

and something tropical maybe. No clue yet! Maybe I'll get it in time for next weekend's soappot discussion :)

Back