Whats In Your Soap Pot 3/14-3/15/09

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellitlikeitissoaps

Reaction score
Today I called in sick to work. I am going to make soap! :D

On my list

Black Amber & Lavender
Orange Spice
Honey & Buttermilk ( made with real honey and buttermilk)

I am messing with my body butter recipe today as well

my banana coconut was in the soap pot ;)

In addition to that I want to do an unscented, a batch of OHM, and this awesome rain forest FO I have :D

Just finished placing an order for supplies. Ordered all my staples and a few new goodies to play with.

In the soap pot this weekend is:
100% Castile
Coconut & Cactus Leaf

Just coming off of the cure racks:
Lavender & Rose
Mushroom & Aloe
Cocoa Swirl
Lavender Citrus
Bonsai
Tranquil Tropics Soap Stones (rebatch)

Chay said:
Just finished placing an order for supplies. Ordered all my staples and a few new goodies to play with.

In the soap pot this weekend is:
100% Castile
Coconut & Cactus Leaf

Just coming off of the cure racks:
Lavender & Rose
Mushroom & Aloe
Cocoa Swirl
Lavender Citrus
Bonsai
Tranquil Tropics Soap Stones (rebatch)

Coconut & Cactus leaf sounds very interesting....

:( nothing for me again. BUUUUT - I FINALLY bought my soapmaker program and printed off every single subject under the help button and have been playing with this software.
It is actually very easy to menuever and I am loving it. :)
I'll probably start with my own "real" database of stuff and enter my real quantities into the inventory module tomorrow. It's a lot of fun to play around with. :)

I made two batches last night... loco-coco watermelon salt bars and very berry tea and oatmeal.

I need to get more FO's and EO's!

This morning I cut lavender/lime and jasmine/currant

I just put 2 more in the molds - OMH and an Orange blend.

No soap this weekend, I'm waiting for some EO's to come next week. I will be experimenting with some B&B products though. I'm going to make some bath bombs and salts tonight and lip balms tomorrow.

White soap

I finished a plain white soap yesterday.It took 3 days prep as my energy is low.I built the soap around the amount of lye I had left.Using the soap calculator.I plan to rebatch later for mothers day with fragrance and colour.ruined more floor surface from unexpected overflow that needs revarnishing now.
Note to self ,always over prepare before starting.should have had one more mold instead of over filling.
I poured it into my crazy half round molds lined so I may keep some plain white.I love those molds so much I will make better ones sometime with proper pvc ends as per TC's sugestion
Recipe :
2000 grms Macadamia Nut Oil (from birthday present can, which I shrink at the cost of someone buying it that way as it was 3 times bulk price,but did appreciate it)
Cocoa butter 250 grms..to use up what I had.
Coconut oil 250 gms
Aloe from my garden 600 grms
castor oil 100 gms
can of coconut cream ,400mls half of which I used with water and lye and other in oils.
I added half cup of brown sugar.
450.6 gms of lye discounted 6% as per calculator
liquid 1117 mls
Despite what the calculator says of moisturizing factor being 5.0 against hardness 5.7 I have found garden Aloe Vera to give incredible lather and moisteurizing effects.
I shall see.
It looks browny red just now.Same as any other white soap I have made that ends up very white.
I am going to add a phot later with tape measure on it to give you an idea of how mauch , after rain garden Aloe Vera it took approximately. :lol:

Aloe photos

I used aproximately half of that fresh rain water loaded Aloe vera.
The other greenery is lemon verbena and soap wart I used for my own hair washing. Not exactly shampoo. Seems to make my hair very soft without conditioner.Longer trial needed.

pupsreplantsmall-1.jpg

Weeee , my first try at photo bucket as sugested by some clever person here.
Thats my next lot of Aloe Vera pups transplanted.

The other greenery is lemon verbena and soap wart I used for my own hair washing. Not exactly shampoo. Seems to make my hair very soft without conditioner.Longer trial needed.

Jbarad, I use that Rainforest FO in my shaving soap. Great unisex scent! A little funky in the bottle, but great soaped.

I just threw some Goats milk, oatmeal and honey (and I also threw in some calendula petals for no good reason) in my mold about a 1/2 hour ago and it's gellin' like a felon right now.

I wanna see everyone's pics of tonight's booty, tomorrow! :)

Re: Aloe photos

starduster said:

I used aproximately half of that fresh rain water loaded Aloe vera.

pupsreplantsmall-1.jpg

Weeee , my first try at photo bucket as sugested by some clever person here.
Thats my next lot of Aloe Vera pups transplanted.

SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

I did not plan to make anything this weekend. I have been on a shop cleaning spree & that seemed like enough work for 1 week. I did however make lotion parfaits in the following scents.:

Mango Sorbet
Raspberry Lemonade
Green Tea & Cucumber
French Lilac
Lemon Lavender
Seaspray
Laundry Day
OMH
Sweetest Vanilla

I don't soap on the weekends though I will be making an avocado CP on Tuesday Aussie time. I have some freeze dried banana powder so I may throw some of that in too. I always use aloe juice and coconut milk powder sounds good too. I have avocado oil and avo butter so they will definitely go into the mix!

Tanya :)

Back