What's for Dinner tonight ? What are you having ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not cooking tonight so I don't care what we have, it's dh's turn to cook.

I did enjoy, the sweet and sour last night
1705275359068.png
, and dh finished what was left in the pan. Can't have been too bad.

Last night I made a Homemade Won Ton soup with a chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, carrots, shallots. The won tons had pork mince, five spice powder, shallots in them, didn't make the wrappers (too fiddly).
Then dh dished up ice cream for dessert (at least I can keep the container for lye).
I love Five Spice but have the hardest keeping up with mine. I looked for a month for the jar I knew I had, finally bought a new package online, and threw out the old one which which I found after purchasing the new package. I liked the new brand much better than my original, and guess what, I cannot find my new bag of five spice. I am guessing it is buried in my fridge freezer where I keep a lot of spices. I cannot wait until I can finally move and maybe get organized!:eek::eek:

Tonight is our leftover breaded pork chops with baked potatoes, cream peas, and apple sauce. I posted the recipe earlier in the food and recipe section. It was my Armenian MIL's way of making breaded pork chops so they do not dry out. I am not sure they could have come from my Romanian FIL. We had a mixture of the two cultures, since both were wonderful cooks and I learned a lot from both my hubby also learned to cook from his parents.

It's Aura's last night at home! She learned how to make beef and vegetable soup. She also made some spiced almonds to take in the car tomorrow. Dinner takes longer to make when you're teaching someone, but it's been fun working together.
I love how you’re teaching her not just to follow a recipe, but to actually cook!

Sigh. I jumped onto SMF for a couple minutes, an hour ago. Went down a few rabbit hole threads and then found this one, now I’m hungry but it’s way too late for a snack! Butter chicken, YUM!
I made a bunch of turkey shepherds pie casseroles from our new years turkey dinner leftovers (we had lamb for Christmas) and froze them. Thawed and cooked a casserole while I made soap. I love having pre-made meals!

Last night we had chicken Kiev, I didn't cook, Dh bought them from the supermarket, about 6 chips on the side. Think I'll make a concoction tonight, with whatever I find in the frig and cupboard.
There was a sale on ground lamb, so tonight was lamb meatballs and fried race. 😋😋
That sounds nice, I don't usually use minced lamb for meatballs, it's mainly beef. That's given me an idea for a quick meal one night - spag bol is easy.

That sounds nice, I don't usually use minced lamb for meatballs, it's mainly beef. That's given me an idea for a quick meal one night - spag bol is easy.
The store had the ground lamb for the same price as ground beef, so I snagged as many as they would allow. Still have 4 more lbs and will probably make a big batch of these to freeze. I like having something readymade (but still homemade) to reheat on those days that don't go as planned. ;)

It’s become very cold here. We are going to warmer weather on Sunday, so we’re trying to use what fresh food we have here and eat things from the freezer. Tonight is chili made with garden tomatoes from last summer and tomorrow is shepherd’s pie (BIL/SIL coming). And the rest of the week will be anything leftover and/or eggs.

Latest posts

Back