What's for Dinner tonight ? What are you having ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I are kid free tonight so we went out for dinner. I had a pear martini, and a pear and fig flatbread. It was so good!

Attachments

• 72795-IMG-6281.jpg
    72795-IMG-6281.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
My son (here in the wilds of WI) made Mexican pork tamales day before yesterday so that's what I had for dinner. But in true Midwestern style, I had them with cream cheese because he absolutely refused to make a sauce for them. 😭 And I've been too ill to be up for making anything for food more complicated than ramen for over a month now.
They do taste good! And he took a whole potful (he made over 80!) to his workmates yesterday. He came back empty-handed, up they liked them as well.
And he's self-taught. All I cook is Italian and Asian-fusion like a true Embarcadero San Francisco girl here. 😂 💜💙

My son (here in the wilds of WI) made Mexican pork tamales day before yesterday so that's what I had for dinner. But in true Midwestern style, I had them with cream cheese because he absolutely refused to make a sauce for them. 😭 And I've been too ill to be up for making anything for food more complicated than ramen for over a month now.
They do taste good! And he took a whole potful (he made over 80!) to his workmates yesterday. He came back empty-handed, up they liked them as well.
And he's self-taught. All I cook is Italian and Asian-fusion like a true Embarcadero San Francisco girl here. 😂 💜💙
I love tamales! I didn't get any homemade ones for Christmas for the first time in a while :(

Asian - fusion in our house is, whatever is in the frig I can make into one of my concoctions.

My husband and I are kid free tonight so we went out for dinner. I had a pear martini, and a pear and fig flatbread. It was so good!
Any meal is a good meal when you don't have to cook, it looks yummy.

Yesterday I made Drunken Noodles in my instapot for the first time. They are kind of a spicy lo mein and are very good! Unfortunately no alcohol involved!
Drunken noodles (pad kee mow) is one of my faves!! 😍 Combine that with an IP, and I'm all in. Is it a recipe you are willing to share?

I made a corned beef last night (totally out of season here because it's the height of summer), served with mashed potatoes, fried cabbage, and mustard sauce. Nom nom. I'd better take some pork mince out of the freezer right now because I'm making spring roll in a bowl tonight (y'all call it egg roll in a bowl).

Yum everyone!
Last night my mother made a meal from my childhood: Plantation Ham Casserole. It's one of those good old 1970s recipes found on the back of a box or in a magazine or in the Campbell's soup cookbook. Perfect for a chilly, gloomy day.
Curious about this! Would love a recipe. If not too much trouble.

We are having leftover taco soup.. just found the recipe online. From tastebetterfromscratch.com.. 🤷‍♀️
Not bad!

Yum everyone!

Curious about this! Would love a recipe. If not too much trouble.

We are having leftover taco soup.. just found the recipe online. From tastebetterfromscratch.com.. 🤷‍♀️
Not bad!

This is the original recipe:
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/plantation-ham-pie/717688
But, we are lazy people! The main thing is the cream of chx, milk, ham, veg of choice. Bring it up to a simmer. Instead of fancy rolled biscuits, we just do drop biscuits. Otherwise, amounts, oven temp, and cook time are about the same. I use a Dutch oven (or other pan that can go directly into the oven) to heat the soup mixture so I don't have to transfer it to another pan.

If the taco soup is the famous WW one, we converted it into the base recipe for chili by replacing some or all of the diced tomatoes with crushed tomatoes.

This all sounds great and now I have some ideas for new recipes to try. 👏🏻
Last night we had Chicken Cordon Bleu in the air fryer. So easy and pretty healthy because there’s only a little oil sprayed on the flour/egg/panko “breading”. Served with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Tonight is homemade chicken curry and I’m going to try a new recipe- naan made with flour, spices and Greek yogurt.

I didn't cook last night, but dh did quick air fryer food - chips, mini spring rolls and a Chiko Roll invented in Australia (they're an Aussie fav from way back.) - cabbage, carrot celery, onion, green beans. Available at all good fish and chip shops.:)
1704757748832.png

Last night hubs made yellow and red peppers, stuffed with quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and more peppers (it was a bit of a fridge clean-out). Topped with faux Parmesan made from cashews. I liked it, but he had to make himself an egg afterward because he didn’t feel satisfied. We’ve been trying to eat less processed food and less red meat and dairy. It’s a challenge for two kids who were raised on meat and potatoes at every meal! And especially challenging for me as much as I travel. But it’s worth it because we both feel better and have noticed less inflammation in our bodies, which is especially important for him with his health issues.

Latest posts

Back