Cookinadinna with Ian T, Home-made pasta ,episode 1

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian,

Just thought I'de let you know that you're not making my gluten intolerance any easier!!!!! :lol: That pasta looks so good as does the rest of the meal.

awww sorry!!!!

(you know you CAN make pasta from a wide range of flours though ;)...

even if you are gluten-intolerant I bet you could make a dough with any non-gluten flour that would still taste better than the stuff out of the store! :)

just curious.. what happens when your gluten intolerant?? (I know I sometimes get a runny nose when I eat anything with wheat in it...but im like i cant give up pasta...just not happening! :) )

I use a pasta called Tinkiyada (spelling?) that is a rice flower pasta and is pretty good for shelf stuff.

As for what a gluten intolerance does to me? Not sure you would want to know!! :oops: Lets just say that the glue in the gluten doesn't like to leave me for a long, long time! Very unpleasant to say the least.

Baking without gluten is very hard, especially if you grew up with the taste and texture of gluten foods. Most baking made without wheat flour is crumbly and can feel like sand in the mouth. I have found some foods that work great like brownies and cookies and even a waffle recipe so I guess I'll servive.

It's funny how you don't know what you have until you can't have it! :lol:

I feel that...that must be tough!...

Ive actually used rice flour in pasta before. Works nice, just have to make it a little different because i feel like the dough is finer (if that makes sense?)

my mother used to make thse gluten free brownie/blondie bar things with a bunch of nuts and raisins and stuff in them...i toooooooooore through those things like hot cakes :)

mmm mmm

The only thing I am missing is my place setting. WOW! That looks yumm-o!

Gorgeous meal, how did I miss it before?....busy in the garden, I guess. Not as much time to post in summertime, when we frozen Canucks are out soaking in all the vitamin D we can get.

I love making homemade pasta, and have a machine just like yours. Fun, and definitely so yummy.

:D glad to see I have a fellow enthusiast! :)...

I looooooooooooooove the taste of home made pasta ...mmmm mmm!

Next... I want an extruder. so I can make all sorts of other pastas :)

I love food !!!

Anhoki....try it !! im tellin ya its sooo good :)!

Ian...I ADORE cooking. I am actually making lasagna rolls tonight with a burgandy wine sauce and spinach....I'm hungry. This looks amazing. A nice and romantic meal for 2. :D Maybe this weekend when my folks have the kids. :lol:

then I see we are on the same page ;) 8) .

and I feeeeeeeeeeeeeel ya on that one... I LOVE to cook... something about making your own food...combining all these things into something that tastes good! :)

fun stuff!

I'm so glad you bumped this....YOWZA! I love to cook too, especially gourmet dishes, and this one is tops. I have one of those noodle-making gizmos, and haven't taken it out in ages, maybe a whole year! You reminded me how much fun it is, thank you.

You really took time to set up this presentation, didn't you? Do you have a cooking blog? I'll bet it would be very popular.

Woodi said:
I'm so glad you bumped this....YOWZA! I love to cook too, especially gourmet dishes, and this one is tops. I have one of those noodle-making gizmos, and haven't taken it out in ages, maybe a whole year! You reminded me how much fun it is, thank you.

You really took time to set up this presentation, didn't you? Do you have a cooking blog? I'll bet it would be very popular.

lol yes I did! :)

and noooo dont have a blog...but youve got me thinking about starting one!! :)...

glad you found it interesting! I love making pasta! Its sooooo fun! :)

Thanks for this Ian! I'm having sooooooooo much fun with my machine! Now I want all the attachments that goes with it! And you're right-it tastes so much better that store bought stuff! I love to cook too and have been trying to upgrade my kitchen stuff (better pots and pans and gadgets) I told DH I wanted one of those and he got it the same day! I foresee lots of pasta in my future! 8)

heck yeaa!! Ive been dreaming of a pasta extruder as the "next step" and a drying rack so I dont need to put it on parchment paper on my counter anymore... with the extruder I could then make rigatonis, capenelli, penne, oooh the possibilities are endless..... lol

Latest posts

Back