Whatcha got in da pot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
I have this one cookin' right now. It got thick on me near the end, and my black is more grayish...grrr.
It's Green Irish Tweed or as I like to call it "Molesting Colin Farrell" :wink:

greenirishtweed.jpg

Haha, I love your name!!! ;)

It looks awesome! I think it looks great swirled thick like that.

How do you do that swirl anyway? I see so many people do it and I know it's been explained to me before, but I still haven't tried it!

Thanks Ash!~ Just separate out your colors and pour thin strips, alternating colors and directions until all of the soap is layered in the mold. Then run a chopstick corner to corner in zig zags, then top to bottom in zig zags and repeat 'til you like the design. A thin trace works better than what I got tonight. I added GM at trace for the first time, and that may have thickened it up quicker on me.

That is just beautiful LJA . Love the name :lol:

Kitn

ETA I have frozen corn in my pot :wink:

Lovely, the colors seem perfect for the fragrance! I'm intrigued by this Green Irish Tweed FO, it sounds so tempting. Nothing's in my pot until the weekend, or even later if my local shop doesn't restock the oils I'm needing soon! Pity too, my little collection of FOs just came.

ChrissyB said:
Personally I'd like to molest Colin Farrell too, just don't tell DH. :shock:
ME TOO!!! (as long as I wouldn't get a disease... he gets around!)

Unfortunately, I always tell these things to DH and he says "RUDE!" a la Kim from Kath and Kim. (the REAL Aussie version of course)

oh how pretty!! I have a illite clay soap in a pringles can (first time for that) scented Blackberry sage. I also took a little before adding the FO to put in a heart shaped silicone mold I bought today at Target. I scented those few with coconut crazed. That FO caused ricing though.

kittywings said:
ChrissyB said:
Personally I'd like to molest Colin Farrell too, just don't tell DH. :shock:
ME TOO!!! (as long as I wouldn't get a disease... he gets around!)

:lol: that's why the egyptians started using finely woven linen bags many years BC :wink:

Great soap, really love the gray!

Great-looking soap and great name too!
I'm gonna be able to swirl like that one day (when I grow up). :wink:

Dagmar - you know the coolest stuff!!!

LJA - gorgeous swirls girl! Truly beautiful. The black may be grey, but the colours look perfect together imho.

I have a Calendula Sunshine resting quietly atm and have just trimmed and tidied some Island Coconut (100% CO, 20% superfat & coconut milk powder plus the fo).

Tanya :)

Thanks everyone. I'm not reeeeeeeally naming it that. Just in my head. :D So I dont love it today. The colors really muted after the gel. Oh well. (Hey, that rhymed!) I'll post cut pix tonight.

fudge brownie. it's almost time to pour. :D

*edit*
and here it is in the mold. smells sooooo nice. i've never made a chocolate soap before. i used 2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder and it's DARK. i love me some dark chocolate tho. mmmm.....

choc2.jpg

Back