What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok you guys. The last one that I tried to freeze and sweat...totally worked. I gave it one more shot to get the puck out of there and it popped right out clean. I just needed to let it have a little more time I guess. It was about room temp before I tried it again.

So the rest of the ramekins are out of the freezer now.

For cripes sake this has stressed me out all night. And the friggen thing literally popped right out LOL.

So I guess the solution is: spray pam in the ramekins, make soap, freeze, thaw to room temp, put butter knife in and pop out.

I made Zany’s No Slime Soap in a 3# mold. Man, it went fast! I did the one with the OO, CO and Castor. I scented it with Lavender and Cedar, used green mica. Under the blanket now. I was going to do a swirl, no go. Christmas gifts for my family along with my Cinnamon soap I made yesterday. A friend stopped by and she said it looks like bark LOL. Also, ordered 50 peppermint lip balms to add to the Christmas gifts. Also, have a lotion base, going scent with the Lavender and Cedar then fill 2” bottles. I sure hope they like it all ;).View attachment 69778
Can i ask you what green you used for that soap?

Can i ask you what green you used for that soap?
IMG_20221129_190406498.jpg
IMG_20221129_190431926_HDR.jpg

It's by Prima Marketing.

Last edited:
I usually hate custom orders because I spend more $$ making something the way that they want, than I will ever make in return on that order if they want something very specific. I will just do it over and over until it is perfect.

Sometimes it is cool like this order, because I didn't even know this solid dish soap was a thing, and now I know how to make them, and make them pretty, and make refills. And this one in particular makes me feel good. My friend normally buys a lot of soap for her realtor biz, and she recommended me to somebody. I got the experience....and a new customer. AND I found out the she is the wife of a guy on one of our pool teams that died way too young a couple of years ago...so it makes it extra special. I just really wanted to make her request perfect.

So excuse all of the questions...it just really needed to be perfect.

My soapy thing today is I just received some molds to make embeds this morning so I'm extremely excited they are so nice. They are to make marshmallows, little rose buds, and banana slices for when I master my mashed banana soap lol. I also have more coming for coffee beans and chocolate chips. Soon happy with these molds.

Attachments

• 20221204_101741.jpg
    20221204_101741.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221204_101748.jpg
    20221204_101748.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Today I finally cracked the seal of my 50lb tub of sodium hydroxide I purchased on 9/16/20 and transferred it to more manageable containers. I had stopped soaping for a couple years but recently caught the bug and have been making a batch or two with my son on the weekend. I finally used all my old lye and needed to break into the reserves. For historical perspective I paid 106.74 shipped for 50 lbs or .133 per oz. from Duda Diesel, the lye was 82.45, shipping 24.29. Today the same lye is 118.95, 30% more...not sure what the shipping increase was. I am anxious to soap with this and hope that the lye maintained its integrity over the 2+ year storage.

There is a plain lemongrass fo, but smells a bit strange to me, so I buy the one with ginger in it, just adds something extra. On the rack as we speak, it smells nice in the laundry when you walk in.
I love lemongrass and love ginger. The combination sounds heavenly.

I made ZNSC (Love this soap, thank you Zany_In_Co!), Unscented (accident), was going to use Dragon’s Blood with a pink swirl (for my Grandaughter) now, just with a pink swirl LOL. It has Kaolin Clay and Sodium Gluconate. Lined my very old BB 18 bar mold to make some Coconut or Southern Peach scented.

Back