What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so kitten loving angry right now I can hardly kitten loving see straight. Waiting on my New Directions Aromatics delivery via kitten loving FedEx. Gave them my business address (packages get stolen off my porch), open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EVERY KITTEN LOVING DAY THIS WEEK they attempt delivery at 5:15 p.m. Latest message was to call FedEx and dude says for me to contact seller, he's unable to change anything. And he's not allowed to connect me with his supervisor. So kitten loving confused why they told me to call. erg erg erg erg erg
You sure do love those kittens!

I made soap today for the first time since 30th October. That's the longest I've ever been without making soap since before i started making soap!

I made a small batch of soap to try out my new blue clay. After I mixed it into to batter it turned gray. Fingers crossed & hoping it turns into more of a blue color after it saponifies and cures. 🤞
Has anyone had experience using blue clay?

Bought 7lb of Palm off Amazon. Essential Depot is the supplier. Then I thought I'd check out their website and I could've saved myself about 15$ ordering directly. Lol, lesson learned.

Edited to add: do I need to melt this palm before using it?

Last edited:
My soapy thing this morning was to unmold and cut my 🍌 banana soap so fun. I will post picks and talk about my recipe on my showcase gallery. I'm ticketed pink because it turned out exactly the way I imagined

20221210_105354.jpg

My soapy thing this morning was to unmold and cut my 🍌 banana soap so fun. I will post picks and talk about my recipe on my showcase gallery. I'm ticketed pink because it turned out exactly the way I imagined

View attachment 69961
These are sooooo beautiful!

Looking forward to hearing how that works. Is it your first time using tallow? Do you just get it at a butcher?
I only use tallow. The butcher is a very good friend and supplies me. I never purify it at least 3 times before using

My huge mold frow old drawer worked perfectly! Decided to go with big old fashioned "boerseep". Got 24 beautifull white bars.

Attachments

• 16707871850561005319891770837160.jpg
    16707871850561005319891770837160.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I made faux sea water to try making ZNSC recipe soon. Although, technically it should probably be labeled as ZNSB (Bastille) since I plan on using a little bit of coconut and castor that is listed as an option in the original thread. The question is to swirl or not to swirl because I'm not sure how fast it will move with salt water in it.

I thought about getting my half moon shaped molds out and make the trinity scented with sweet pea and do an in pot swirl of white, pink and green. I plan on doing CPOP.

Latest posts

Back