What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made 3 batches of soap- a rebatch of an ugly green pine scented soap into some (much cuter) green and white confetti bars, some salt bars and some lemon scented hand soaps- some with exfoliant some without. I should have used ground lemon peel, but I used coffee grounds. It's an interesting texture but darkened those bars more than I thought.
There's no way we can judge cuteness without photo proof!!

There is not one bar of this soap that I do not LOVE! this is my new favorite pull-through plate! Each bar is perfect front and back! Top to bottom. Sometimes I worry because I begin with pouring through a funnel and then halfway switch to free pouring. And I can tell where I switched. Not this batch though. I need to invest in squeeze bottles, but they have never been a pleasant experience for me. NG Honeysuckle FO behaved perfectly! As biased as I am, I’m really pleases with the soap!
C6780DE8-7297-4CE1-A455-6C89F4E1B20B.jpeg

There is not one bar of this soap that I do not LOVE! this is my new favorite pull-through plate! Each bar is perfect front and back! Top to bottom. Sometimes I worry because I begin with pouring through a funnel and then halfway switch to free pouring. And I can tell where I switched. Not this batch though. I need to invest in squeeze bottles, but they have never been a pleasant experience for me. NG Honeysuckle FO behaved perfectly! As biased as I am, I’m really pleases with the soap!
View attachment 61492
Totally in love!!!! Can you show me the plate too please?

When I get home from work I will definitely show you the plate! I didn't think to picture it too!

This is the link for it:
Wild Platanica
It's the bottom middle one of the six. The "Spiral Center" one
Found it thank you. The results are lovely. SO it sounds like you do the same as me, use a funnel for the first half of the pour, then switch to centre pour free hand nearer the top?

Found it thank you. The results are lovely. SO it sounds like you do the same as me, use a funnel for the first half of the pour, then switch to centre pour free hand nearer the top?
Yep! My funnel spout is a little longer than normal, I think! Plus, I like to see how the pouring is going! I just can't stand the extra work to use the squeeze bottles and anytime I do the batter seems to thicken quicker. But that was before I became more comfortable with my recipe and soaping room temp.

Yep! My funnel spout is a little longer than normal, I think! Plus, I like to see how the pouring is going! I just can't stand the extra work to use the squeeze bottles and anytime I do the batter seems to thicken quicker. But that was before I became more comfortable with my recipe and soaping room temp.
Right there with ya girlfriend! I hate faffing around with extra equipment.

In my head I heard the bad "F-ing" word, that's how my brain translated.... I didn't go for an official translation!
My mum never said the f word in her life but she often accused us kids of faffing around when we we going too slow or not being productive. I always thought it was British?

Latest posts

Back