What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What soapy thing have I done today?

1. Working on destashing some fragrances. I'm really trying to clean and organize my soaping supplies. That being said - I got 2 new molds in the mail today!

2. Thinking about trying my first piped soap top.

I worked and then vacuum sealed some soap dough. And practiced my first dove.

Attachments

• 637AA972-E552-452F-9F50-10F0907BC64E.jpeg
    637AA972-E552-452F-9F50-10F0907BC64E.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 25
I received my new FO's today. Just got home from work and unpacked them. I got Barber Shoppe, Beach, Living Coral Reef, Aloe Water and Sea Kelp, and Lavender 40/42, all from WSP. The first three are new to me, and the other two are regular purchases. I love the Barber Shoppe and the Living Coral Reef, not so sure about the Beach smell. I dunno what it is supposed to smell like. It's nice I guess, but doesn't smell like anything beach OOB.

If I can manage to drag myself away from playing with my new computer then I will make some soap LOL.

Re: carrot seed oil, I cover up the smell with a few drops of skin-loving EOs.

When I first began using it, it was around the same time that I discovered how to make a simple hyaluronic acid serum. Will share my simple recipe if anyone interested.

Anyway, after 2 weeks of using the HA serum and the carrot seed oil, my skin looked better than it had in decades. Dark spots were lightened, fine lines seemed to be gone, and there was a freshness that I hadn’t seen for a long time.

Then we moved to Texas. Even now, almost two years after leaving the Sauna State, my skin still hasn’t forgiven me. I think it was a combo of the heat, humidity, and scary amount of hair products needed to keep my hair from looking like a Brillo pad.

@Misschief if you care to share where you purchased your mask recipe, maybe that’s what I need to finally coax my skin back to it’s pre-Texas state.

I'm very interested in the syaluronic acide serum if you are sharing... I really need the 'freshness' back! TIA

I finally got my mad mica order today after a usps delay. Its always an experience to open their boxes. Ive been waiting for my black to arrive for a soap I want to make so that will happen tonight. also got voodoo and magic beans.

I placed my Mad Micas order on Nov 29th... I'm still waiting! :(

They shipped my order quickly but it moved through the usps system slowwwwly. spent 4 business days in one city.

The crazy thingmy pkg arrived in Detroit,MI on Dec 14th (I live across the river in Windsor - 1 mile away) but my package went to Toronto to clear customs! It took 8 days to clear customs and it still seems to be in some 'facility' in Toronto! No wonder the postal service has a rep for inefficiency!

It's been a 2-day soap-fest here. Yesterday I designed and then 3D printed a soap mold; my first real project with this printer and super exciting. While the print ran, I made transparent melt and pour soap base for the first time! More excitement!

And today I got to melt some of my melt and pour, tint it, and try it out in my new mold. Success! I got just what I was aiming for. THRILLING.

This is all in service of an over-ambitious idea I have for a Valentine's day soap...having managed to totally miss Xmas soap timing, I'm racing the clock on this one.

There are about 4 more steps to test out before I can actually try to make the thing I see in my head. But it's all such a fun trip regardless of where I end up (or WHEN).

It smells good, though. ;)
It does! It smells like rice! I managed a few colours and (I think) a bit of an Ione swirl (no @Zing - not LONE swirl - how many time s do I have to tell you!!??)
Here's what it looks like on the top, which I just realised should be the bottom because I put a silicone mat in the bottom of the mold so it's gonna be an upside-down soap. Sigh! Now i realise I've done the Ione swirl upside down too! Oh well - lucky it smells good.
IMG_2879.jpeg

Latest posts

Back