What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone on Twitter?
My sister suggested it.. She posted about my work and suddenly I got new followers on Instagram. Nothing in there yet but I did post this before I slept.
Screenshot_2020-12-15-10-01-44-620_com.twitter.android.jpg

Also, a fail. Someone wanted to send my lotion bar to Macau but we were worried about melting n squishing in transit so I tried this. First time to use and I'm glad I did only one lol. Is the product supposed to go all the way to the very bottom?
IMG_20201215_100612.jpg

But those round bars behind it are the last of my latest order. They go in tins, along with soaps and a balm, for someone (with a bigger budget than my usual customer lol) who wants to gift em as a set.

I really need to start getting my shampoo bars out lol I've been asked constantly this month.

Been trying several things on hand to line my new molds but either they were too fiddly or generated too much trash, so I'm looking into getting silicone liners for them. I figure I can make em myself but I need to see where to get the silicone material. Let's see...

Mine finally arrived yesterday!🥰
I just got mine today and OMG THE MICAS! THEY ARE SO SPARKLY! I've only used Micas from Nurture and I had some samples from WSP but my gooses and garters these Mad Micas are so rich and brilliant. Complete jewel toned beauties! I can't wait to use them!

Anyone on Twitter?
My sister suggested it.. She posted about my work and suddenly I got new followers on Instagram. Nothing in there yet but I did post this before I slept.
View attachment 52412

Also, a fail. Someone wanted to send my lotion bar to Macau but we were worried about melting n squishing in transit so I tried this. First time to use and I'm glad I did only one lol. Is the product supposed to go all the way to the very bottom?
View attachment 52413

But those round bars behind it are the last of my latest order. They go in tins, along with soaps and a balm, for someone (with a bigger budget than my usual customer lol) who wants to gift em as a set.

I really need to start getting my shampoo bars out lol I've been asked constantly this month.

Been trying several things on hand to line my new molds but either they were too fiddly or generated too much trash, so I'm looking into getting silicone liners for them. I figure I can make em myself but I need to see where to get the silicone material. Let's see...
Love your "Add-Plastic Free Packaging" & your soap looks great!

Whew! I just spent the last few hours catching up on this thread! I'll try to keep up next time. Just cut this Lime, Basil and mandarin soap this morning. Was supposed to be a feather swirl but I forgot to use the base colour along the edges to pull the design inwards. Oh well - it's a very wide feather, LOL.
View attachment 52411
You are rockin' the wide feather swirl! Great color combo. And you've gotta keep up with us, we're moving fast!

Packaged, labeled, photographed, uploaded to my website, and then posted to social media 84 of my fancier soaps. The look so super pretty, I’m really happy to get them out to my friends, and their friends friends.
I also had really good success with this batch of lotion bars and their new molds and tins.
it was a lot of work the last two days. I’m tired!
They’re gorgeous!

Haven't made soap in about a week and I am in withdraw. I need to make something, but can't decide. So I have been browsing pictures and videos and still can't figure it out.

I am sure I have mentioned it before, but I spoke to a woman a while back at a green market about being a vendor. Then decided against it because I wasn't ready, plus I sold a lot of my soaps to others, so my ready soap was low. Although I could set up a nice table...if I sold enough, I'd be stuck with a half empty table for the rest of the morning. That was a bunch of weeks ago, and I have a lot more soap ready now cause I got busy hoping to sell there. I thought about contacting her to do this week, but she texted me first, saying that this Saturday was going to be an all day event until 5pm. I definitely don't have enough to stay stocked for 8 hours. Bummer. I know I am giving myself credit that I will sell out like that, but if by chance I do, I will just be sitting there with an empty table. And you are not allowed to break down early, which is understandable. And I don't have business cards ready, which I really wanted before I did a vendor event. My sister was working on them last weekend. My luck they will come in Friday after I declined the participating, partially based on not having cards.

Haven't made soap in about a week and I am in withdraw. I need to make something, but can't decide. So I have been browsing pictures and videos and still can't figure it out.

I am sure I have mentioned it before, but I spoke to a woman a while back at a green market about being a vendor. Then decided against it because I wasn't ready, plus I sold a lot of my soaps to others, so my ready soap was low. Although I could set up a nice table...if I sold enough, I'd be stuck with a half empty table for the rest of the morning. That was a bunch of weeks ago, and I have a lot more soap ready now cause I got busy hoping to sell there. I thought about contacting her to do this week, but she texted me first, saying that this Saturday was going to be an all day event until 5pm. I definitely don't have enough to stay stocked for 8 hours. Bummer. I know I am giving myself credit that I will sell out like that, but if by chance I do, I will just be sitting there with an empty table. And you are not allowed to break down early, which is understandable. And I don't have business cards ready, which I really wanted before I did a vendor event. My sister was working on them last weekend. My luck they will come in Friday after I declined the participating, partially based on not having cards.
Oh how exciting! I wish you the best of luck in your up & coming Sales' also IMHO its always better to think positive in selling out of soap opposed to not selling much 😉🧼💫.

I just made some soap with my new pull-through plates! How exciting! Now we have to wait until tomorrow for the cut...
Looking forward to seeing your new soap designs. 🤗🧼💫

Well, today I’ll be finishing masks and packaging soap to take for my mothers 90th birthday. This past week I’ve packaged and mailed soap to my grandson and his two buddies who are stationed in Saudi Arabia. His buddies offered to pay for my soap! ( he’s been sharing his last batch lol) How could I let them do that????? I haven’t sold yet, still trying to get it all together. My grandson designed my logo. He’s super artistically talented as well as serving our country. He sent the design from where he was stationed. The masks and @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile flowers and snowflake soap went out yesterday to my daughters and families. Whew! Almost done!! 077C3AE4-0A29-49C1-A41B-A724CB1B412C.jpeg9ECA5A75-856B-482B-8B2A-42BCF45F264A.jpeg553EDA1C-69A9-4997-AF26-0756F8C797B4.jpeg77555C29-BBFA-40FB-9748-BE51B150DB6B.jpeg453AF4B8-A3CD-4B72-A2BB-9E6A909153E5.jpegF32C9F6E-F44E-4C2A-8BD6-E0D3506B11BC.jpeg

Update on the @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with EDTA and SG. I easily unmolded it at about 8 hrs and covered it for the night. I just finished cutting it about 22 hours after pouring and it cut perfectly. After the conversation about the different chelators yesterday I got a wild hair and made another loaf of @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with only SG at 1% of oils. I’ll do a comparison of the 2 once sufficiently cured. Also, I made the version with 80% OO, 15% Coc oil and 5% Castor for both soaps.
B91598B8-1F0B-40A1-87C4-F646BF0E183A.jpeg

Update on the @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with EDTA and SG. I easily unmolded it at about 8 hrs and covered it for the night. I just finished cutting it about 22 hours after pouring and it cut perfectly. After the conversation about the different chelators yesterday I got a wild hair and made another loaf of @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with only SG at 1% of oils. I’ll do a comparison of the 2 once sufficiently cured. Also, I made the version with 80% OO, 15% Coc oil and 5% Castor for both soaps. View attachment 52435
It’s beautiful!

20201215_095342.jpg

So here are the cut soaps that I used the ZCS on.

The colors are night and day from the results last time I shaped with this f/o.

I should have done a side by side comparison and I will try to get to that. Because I only used the metaisulfate and im not sure if there are accompanying pictures.

I can say that I noticed the lingering smell of the metaisulfate but I'm hoping it will dissipate with time. I kinda think it already is but it could be wishful thinking. LOL

I just got mine today and OMG THE MICAS! THEY ARE SO SPARKLY! I've only used Micas from Nurture and I had some samples from WSP but my gooses and garters these Mad Micas are so rich and brilliant. Complete jewel toned beauties! I can't wait to use them!
I absolutely love Mad Micas. I only order from them or Nurture Soap these days.

View attachment 52444

So here are the cut soaps that I used the ZCS on.

The colors are night and day from the results last time I shaped with this f/o.

I should have done a side by side comparison and I will try to get to that. Because I only used the metaisulfate and im not sure if there are accompanying pictures.

I can say that I noticed the lingering smell of the metaisulfate but I'm hoping it will dissipate with time. I kinda think it already is but it could be wishful thinking. LOL
Gorgeous! I also used the homemade ZCS - actually just the metabisulate - the FO is supposed to discolor to light tan. So far though, I can see no discoloration and they are a week old now.

Attachments

• 73E644E1-B6D0-47DF-A75B-179D9F8F836D_1_201_a.jpeg
    73E644E1-B6D0-47DF-A75B-179D9F8F836D_1_201_a.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 29
Update on the @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with EDTA and SG. I easily unmolded it at about 8 hrs and covered it for the night. I just finished cutting it about 22 hours after pouring and it cut perfectly. After the conversation about the different chelators yesterday I got a wild hair and made another loaf of @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with only SG at 1% of oils. I’ll do a comparison of the 2 once sufficiently cured. Also, I made the version with 80% OO, 15% Coc oil and 5% Castor for both soaps. View attachment 52435
Beautiful! What’s SG?

So I cut my soap I made with the new pull through plate, and i must say I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it gelled so the colours aren't bright. I had to bring it in out of the garage because it was so hot that I thought it might explode out there - probably about 33 degrees out there yesterday, and the pipe was so hot I almost needed a cloth to hold it!
Anyhoo - is there anything I can do to improve? Is there a secret to the pour - more or less of each colour at a time? I have other plates to try so will be having another go soon. I want to do some more monotoned ones - three different shades of blue etc.
But hey - i spotted two lucky shamrocks in there!
IMG_2833.jpeg

Very Pretty!

So I cut my soap I made with the new pull through plate, and i must say I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it gelled so the colours aren't bright. I had to bring it in out of the garage because it was so hot that I thought it might explode out there - probably about 33 degrees out there yesterday, and the pipe was so hot I almost needed a cloth to hold it!
Anyhoo - is there anything I can do to improve? Is there a secret to the pour - more or less of each colour at a time? I have other plates to try so will be having another go soon. I want to do some more monotoned ones - three different shades of blue etc.
But hey - i spotted two lucky shamrocks in there!
View attachment 52448
What is your water amount? It looks like you have some glycerin rivers.

Latest posts

Back