What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered floral fragrances for some spring stuff. I already have some, and it's not even Christmas, but I'm tired all the time. I drive to work in the dark and come home as the sun is setting.
On a less grumpy note, I love my last shampoo mixture (and so does my mom), but I want to see if I can tweak a few things and make a Marshmallow Shampoo bar. Preferably poured in the shape of a flower. For fun.

Its a festivus miracle y'all!!!!!!!!
20201216_182351.jpg

Will post the cut tomorrow night. I unintentionally made a soap with dolphins colors, then another with LSU colors, so i decided tonight to make an Eagles soap. The picture is a little dark here, but hopefully i got the right green. The inside is a drop swirl.

and this poor can of corn has been a trooper lol. I will never eat it now lol. It has held up my soap molds since day one.

B66EFAD2-2341-4474-8987-5F0405FCAE5E.jpeg

Ordered a single bar cutter from Workshop Heritage Etsy shop. A lot of Etsy shops now offer Klarna as payment which lets you space the payments over 6 weeks. You pay 25% when you purchase and then 25% again every 2 weeks for three more payments. Figured it was time to take the plunge. Tired of uneven bars of all shapes and sizes.

Update on the @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with EDTA and SG. I easily unmolded it at about 8 hrs and covered it for the night. I just finished cutting it about 22 hours after pouring and it cut perfectly. After the conversation about the different chelators yesterday I got a wild hair and made another loaf of @Zany_in_CO no slime Castile with only SG at 1% of oils. I’ll do a comparison of the 2 once sufficiently cured. Also, I made the version with 80% OO, 15% Coc oil and 5% Castor for both soaps. View attachment 52435
Can you post the two and comparisons / differences of them ?

Ordered a single bar cutter from Workshop Heritage Etsy shop. A lot of Etsy shops now offer Klarna as payment which lets you space the payments over 6 weeks. You pay 25% when you purchase and then 25% again every 2 weeks for three more payments. Figured it was time to take the plunge. Tired of uneven bars of all shapes and sizes.

Round here i call that the "rustic" cut. Anything that looks less than ideal, I call it "rustic". It just feels better than any other adjective. LOL

I ordered Sodium Gluconate this morning. It's better to be safe then sorry, I was going to order Rosemary Extract' but figured go w/ what is most likely reliable. " Ive been lucky w/ my soap" but id rather know i'm using a product to prevent DOS & other contaminates then to keep wishing on a prayer its doesn't happen. Happy Soaping 💫🧼💞

Round here i call that the "rustic" cut. Anything that looks less than ideal, I call it "rustic". It just feels better than any other adjective. LOL
I LOVE rustic!! I have my whole adult life..5 kids, 11 grandkids, 21 goats, 2 maremmas, 2 cats-- rustic furniture, rustic decor, rustic SOAP! I'll be first in line. Works for me! 😍

I made my first batch(es) of liquid soap and they came out great with a pH about 7.5 on dilution without any fiddling... Already using one in the bathroom and one as amazing dish soap. I also doing my first real CPOP ish batch. Started with hot process of all things but CPOP gives me the satisfaction of knowing it's saponified and fun swirling. See electric blanket underneath.
20201217_174042.jpg

Ordered a single bar cutter from Workshop Heritage Etsy shop. Figured it was time to take the plunge. Tired of uneven bars of all shapes and sizes.
Good for you! My single bar cutter that I got a few months ago was a game changer for me. Even now I love the satisfying 'thwok' and the uniformity of my bars. Believe me, pre-cutter, my cuts were really, really 'rustic.'

On a football colors kick. I cut one loaf the other day that was green and orange that was only those colors because it was cucumber melon FO. Thought it kinda reminded me of the Dolphins. Then I cut my black raspberry vanilla and thought of LSU. Neither were intentionally supposed to be football colors. But made one last night for my team... the Eagles. I think I might be on to something here LOL. Trying to come up with another popular team. Or I'll just go with a pink soap for the cowgirls :lol:

LSU.jpg
Dolphins.jpg
Eagles.jpg

On a football colors kick. I cut one loaf the other day that was green and orange that was only those colors because it was cucumber melon FO. Thought it kinda reminded me of the Dolphins. Then I cut my black raspberry vanilla and thought of LSU. Neither were intentionally supposed to be football colors. But made one last night for my team... the Eagles. I think I might be on to something here LOL. Trying to come up with another popular team. Or I'll just go with a pink soap for the cowgirls :lol:

View attachment 52511View attachment 52512View attachment 52513
Every single one of those is a winner! Love the turquoise and orange combo. Pur-Tee! Team fans will get it, and others will just love the colors and designs. For weeks I've been working on a Steelers design, and you are setting the bar high.

Awww...thank you. Everybody likes a different team team down here, so gotta figure out what's the most popular LOL.

I have been getting a lot of requests for charcoal soaps, so i decided to make one tonight. Didnt use my usual lard bar...i decided on a more “luxury bar” with shea in it...all vegan.

Had to do surgery on my new bottle of olive oil to get it open, because i ran out halfway through the oo pour. In the meantime my stupid scale went to sleep, so when i turned it on it was back to zero, so i had no idea how much oo i already poured.

poured all the oils into a new weighed container, subtracted my already weighed out oils to figure out how much oo i still need to add.

Its too late for this. It was supposed to be a simple, easy, one color, one pour soap LOL.

If i post tomorrow “whats wrong with my soap”, kindly remind me of this post LOL.

...and i get all freaked out over 1g over or under pour lol. I am sure im a little off on this

Back