What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a second batch of soap cupcakes. Probably the weirdest acting FO I have ever encountered. I made my batch of frosting first (same FO) and it accelerated, I separated and colored it as best I could, hoping it wouldn't harden before I could get it in a piping bag and piped. Then I made my cupcake base batch. It also accelerated, so I hand stirred to loosen it up and get it into the molds, then as I started to pour/plop into the mold it started to rice, so I stopped and hand stirred until it smoothed out. Finally got all the batter in the molds and started getting ready to pipe and realized the frosting batch had completely loosened back to a light trace. (Guess I don't need to worry about getting it in a piping bag!) Stopped and looked at my base cupcakes and they were completely loose in the mold too! No separation, so I let everything be as it were. Waited a bit longer for frosting to setup, I finally got frustrated after waiting 20 minutes, so I piped with loose frosting. Not the prettiest things as some of them slumped over after sitting for a few minutes, but they still look like cupcakes! Definitely the weirdest FO I have experienced. Just when ya think you've experienced everything soap can do, something new will always pop up.

Today I'm making some shampoo bars for a custom order. My NG order came in yesterday, so I was reorganizing a bit of the FO cabinet and remembered a bunch of FO's that I have ideas for in addition to the new FO's. I'm going to sit down and get all those ideas written down before I forget again.

feels good to make some soap even if the GM didn't turn out the best. the GM I just mixed the mica in the soap and I wont do that again--I should know better--it doesn't work for me and I threw it in the freezer but still got a partial gel and ash :( I like the swirl though so I will definitely try again and gel it. 20190423_183953.jpg 20190423_183552.jpg the other on I did today using 6 different colors and none of them accelerated YAY

feels good to make some soap even if the GM didn't turn out the best. the GM I just mixed the mica in the soap and I wont do that again--I should know better--it doesn't work for me and I threw it in the freezer but still got a partial gel and ash :( I like the swirl though so I will definitely try again and gel it. View attachment 38529 View attachment 38530 the other on I did today using 6 different colors and none of them accelerated YAY

I love the multicolored blue one! Very nice Marilyn :)

feels good to make some soap even if the GM didn't turn out the best. the GM I just mixed the mica in the soap and I wont do that again--I should know better--it doesn't work for me and I threw it in the freezer but still got a partial gel and ash :( I like the swirl though so I will definitely try again and gel it. View attachment 38529 View attachment 38530 the other on I did today using 6 different colors and none of them accelerated YAY
OMG! Just love the colours of the blue-y one!

I kind of impulse-ordered a bunch of FOs and some floral waters from NDA on Friday. Yesterday I discovered I'd ordered a double of one I already had....and didn't like all that much. Today I discovered another double, also that I didn't like that much....I think I need to stop looking at my current FOs so I stop feeling bad....and stop impulse ordering. That's one benefit to having fewer suppliers in Canada...I just have to restrain myself from one or two places....

I kind of impulse-ordered a bunch of FOs and some floral waters from NDA on Friday. Yesterday I discovered I'd ordered a double of one I already had....and didn't like all that much. Today I discovered another double, also that I didn't like that much....I think I need to stop looking at my current FOs so I stop feeling bad....and stop impulse ordering. That's one benefit to having fewer suppliers in Canada...I just have to restrain myself from one or two places....

I've done that with perfume oils before..more times than I should admit. Once I reached past 100 different oils(small vials) I finally made an inventory excel sheet. At this point, I have so many i need to convert to a proper database but...I'm lazy.
Perhaps a spreadsheet might be in order for you?

Today, I unmolded these babies. My very first CP batch!
Unscented shea, coconut and olive. ("Shea Supreme" from Anne Watson's "Smart Soapmaking" book).
No soda ash, no gel phase ring! Unmolded like a dream. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I really need to take a better photo but didn't have time after unmolding before i had to run to work. hah.

Attachments

• 58375868_10156202970566218_6818320544438419456_n.jpg
    58375868_10156202970566218_6818320544438419456_n.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 43
Unscented shea, coconut and olive. ("Shea Supreme" from Anne Watson's "Smart Soapmaking" book).

They look great! And I had to laugh that after sharing your personal perfume oil obsession confessions, you made an UNscented soap!!

Maybe a spreadsheet, but honestly, because I only use one supplier, and because I now have *most of their oils*, I think I'm good. Although the package was barely in the door when I realised that I should've gotten some more M&P base to make some kids soaps. With a $100 minimum order, that's a lot of M&P, since this order was pretty much every hydrosol they sell, plus all my repeat oils (i.e., I don't have anything else to get from them....or do I??)
Aye, someone take away my credit card!

my yin/yang of a different sort. I was going to try a diagonal but chickened out so instead I did diagonal the long way--I kinda like how each one has a different graduation to itView attachment 38566
Very cool, indeed, but I can get a mental picture of a “diagonal the long way.” Anyway....it’s great looking Soap. Looks like lemon peel.

Latest posts

Back