What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several days back I created a batch of soap to be given away as birthday presents to my mom, and it was the first batch in which I tried the heat transfer method, used sodium lactate and added a FO. For my third batch ever it turned out alright, but I have a long way yet to go to create one that will satisfy me.

(Also, I discovered how strong FOs are. I wiped down my containers and mold thoroughly and even ran them through the dishwasher, but I can still detect the faint scent of the FO I used. A little truly goes a long way.)

We want pictures!

IMG_1521756951.211708.jpg
IMG_1521757005.578305.jpg
IMG_1521757017.873592.jpg

A long days work

I soaped an oil from a supplier here in NZ. The oil is called Energy and smells very like the Bramble Berry one. It smells soooooo good. It did accelerate a little, I had been ambitious given I was testing it and did three colours!

I soaped an oil from a supplier here in NZ. The oil is called Energy and smells very like the Bramble Berry one. It smells soooooo good. It did accelerate a little, I had been ambitious given I was testing it and did three colours!
I soaped with Bramble berry energy FO a couple of days ago and did three colors as well I am in love with that scent and my first drop swirl (I think that is the name for how I poured). I cut them today.
1521784452505.jpeg

March 19-22
Monday: Heat Infusion: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme in RBO & HO Sunflower to make Scarborough Fair Soap later.

Cold Infusion: Herb Infused ACV Hair Rinse. Got it made. Remembered to shake it every day -- so far! Here’s a link:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/herbal-infused-acv-hair-rinse.69487/

Tuesday: Heat Infusion: Calendula Oil and Comfrey Oil to use in MSM Emu Oil Cream for Mom.

Wednesday: Found the lotion I made earlier this month. Got lotsa exercise walking around, looking everywhere! This went on for a couple of days! Need to bottle up and label for Mom & E (sister).

Thursday: Made MSM Emu Oil Cream. Need to jar up and label.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Organized 28 herbs in their packages; herb powders in jars; 4 Herbal Teas; homegrown sweetgrass for smudge sticks; bee pollen, etc. Inventoried all. Stored some in a basket and the rest in 3 (small, medium, large) hat boxes stacked on top of a bookshelf in the living room. Hubby’s comment, “You have enough of that stuff to last the rest of your life, and then some!” Haha. I love making herbal stuff! I’m on a roll!

Yesterday, I was making a small batch. Right after I poured my lye water, the phone rang! Since it was one of the colleges that Omni is considering, I couldn't just ignore it! While on the phone, I gently stirred the soap with the spatula. Once off the phone, I remembered that I wanted to add buttermilk powder. Instead of mixing with a little water, I just dumped the powder in and blended it with the SB. Today I cut it only to find my creamy soap has tiny orange speckles. They remind me of the speckles I sometimes see when I've used turmeric. My guess is that I didn't get all the powder blended in and the bits of milk overheated. Well, it'll be a nice soap for the family, anyway.

I need to make a cutter to cut my round log in 1/2 :( and it is for SALT bars You have inspired me to try and MAKE something..... along with all my other 'making' once Spring come.

Hi could you give me a list of supplies you used to make this?? Thanks so much

I made my Cherry Almond soap last night. I made a design change in it to work better with the vanillan content in the FO. I used Micas & More Champagne mica. After I poured it, I had some serious doubts about the color - it was flesh colored. I popped it out of the mold this morning, and remembered why I chose that color. It settles down to a lovely tan color as the soap sets up. The slight browning from the FO should only darken it a bit, so I think I will be very happy with it after the cure. I have just enough FO left to make a batch of salt bars. Anxiously waiting for my order from BCN so that I can try their FO.

I did not get around to going through things for the destash. I stopped to check my latest kombucha brew and there was mold growing in it! It made me quite grumpy, so I headed myself off to bed. Tonight's plans are Sea Salt & Driftwood soap and sorting through things for the destash.

Made Herbal Lip Balms -- 6 Calendula; 6 Comfrey & Lanolin. The hard part was, I'm so used to making 4 dozen at a time that it took a while to scale down to the batch size I needed to make just a few. 50 grams was a little short. Dinky batch!

Those are fantastic. You are about to make me take up needle felting and I do not need another hobby!!
They are SO pretty!!! You are very talented Irpolillo! I with you cmzaha, I really do not need a new hobby.. But I know I have some felt somewhere.. :rolleyes:
(I'm doomed)

Back