What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm low on most of my supplies so I can't make soap :( Instead I've been using working on making some boxes for my soaps. I love paper crafting, so it's quite relaxing to make them. They're not quite finished, but the final touches won't be added until I put actual soaps in them before I put them into gift baskets for my friends who've been such lovely guinea pigs so far. They've been using little teeny pieces of soap to test and begging for more, so I figure this will make a nice gift for them and I want them in pretty boxes :)

uploadfromtaptalk1448072014063.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448072038566.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448072061534.jpg

Today, I contemplated losing my spare bedroom when my nephew moves in with us to finish up his last semester of high school. Right now my soaping and B&B supplies, curing soaps, equipment, containers, FOs, and wrapping stuff takes up an entire closet, dresser, two nightstands, and every inch of horizontal space. How the heck am I going to fit it all into a tiny coat closet half the size of my current closet? o.0

Today, I contemplated losing my spare bedroom when my nephew moves in with us to finish up his last semester of high school. Right now my soaping and B&B supplies, curing soaps, equipment, containers, FOs, and wrapping stuff takes up an entire closet, dresser, two nightstands, and every inch of horizontal space. How the heck am I going to fit it all into a tiny coat closet half the size of my current closet? o.0

Oh man that stinks. I feel your pain. I live in a tiny apartment I share, and my stuff takes up the whole coat closet and has spread across every cabinet not already in use.

Oh man that stinks. I feel your pain. I live in a tiny apartment I share, and my stuff takes up the whole coat closet and has spread across every cabinet not already in use.

Maybe putting a bookshelf in the closet would help or one of those carts from Amazon... hrmmm

I'm just hoping that the room's current prevailing scent will help counteract that teenage boy aroma. I love my nephew, but boys sure are, ummm... fragrant. He previously stayed with us for about a year, and it took two coats of paint before I stopped smelling billy goat + Axe every time I passed the room.

Maybe putting a bookshelf in the closet would help or one of those carts from Amazon... hrmmm

I'm just hoping that the room's current prevailing scent will help counteract that teenage boy aroma. I love my nephew, but boys sure are, ummm... fragrant. He previously stayed with us for about a year, and it took two coats of paint before I stopped smelling billy goat + Axe every time I passed the room.

We think alike - there's already a bookshelf in there :) And I raised boys, I know that stank anywhere LOL

I got in about 10 new FO samples from NG, so I'm kicking around the idea of doing my wine soap this weekend with the Gingered Peach. I might make Dad's January shaving soap tomorrow, too. Hubs didn't catch a deer this morning (there was a controlled house burning nearby so the deer were all apparently watching that), and I hoped to have tallow for the shaving soap, but it will have to wait for another month.

I'm low on most of my supplies so I can't make soap :( Instead I've been using working on making some boxes for my soaps. I love paper crafting, so it's quite relaxing to make them. They're not quite finished, but the final touches won't be added until I put actual soaps in them before I put them into gift baskets for my friends who've been such lovely guinea pigs so far. They've been using little teeny pieces of soap to test and begging for more, so I figure this will make a nice gift for them.

Superb Gigi. I've been trying to work out how to gift soaps and this is so much better than plastic wrap! [emoji2][emoji2]

Unmolded and sliced up my coffee stout soap. It stinks like crazy, but I'll give it a few weeks before deciding if I'll rebatch to add some fragrance to cover the nasty smell.

I'm low on most of my supplies so I can't make soap :( Instead I've been using working on making some boxes for my soaps. I love paper crafting, so it's quite relaxing to make them. They're not quite finished, but the final touches won't be added until I put actual soaps in them before I put them into gift baskets for my friends who've been such lovely guinea pigs so far. They've been using little teeny pieces of soap to test and begging for more, so I figure this will make a nice gift for them and I want them in pretty boxes :)

View attachment 17777View attachment 17778View attachment 17779

GiGi....those are great! I love the designs you used. Did you design the box yourself or did you find a template somewhere?
http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I turned all the bars on the drying rack and inhaled deeply while at it! I've got this idea for some orange scrubby soap in mind. I loved the poppy seed soap that EG posted a while back and want to try it.

Working to organize my supplies and I found a gallon ziploc full of used lip balm tubes. I have no recollection of saving them! I considered cleaning and re-using them (personal use only) but I have 1500 I ordered from SKS so I just tossed them.

Grated way too much raw goat milk soap by hand for:
- lemon EO & goji berry
- vanilla EO blend & raw cocoa nib

Feeling very creative today :) Oh, can you tell that I shopped at the local health food store this morning?

Cleaned up the soap table and put away in the cabinets. Got done with Christmas soaps yesterday. Sure makes the room look empty.
Wrapped some early October soaps and got into the box ( no old freezer yet). DW helped arrange the cabinets so more supplies and tools will fit.:thumbup:
I'll wait a few days before I make any more. Racks are pretty full right now!

Back