What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a batch of soap for my husband yesterday, and today I did a batch for me. Both were a much higher lard recipe than in the past, so I'm excited to see how they turn out.

And ordered a bunch of new scents from NG

Why, Yes, it does! We couldn't make soap without the "stuff"!

I'm up early this morning wrapping soap for my first-in-ten-years commercial account. Well, sorta. I do sell to a local produce shop, but it is whatever I want to bring them. This is for the coffee shop, and is specially blended with their coffee and grounds. Twenty-four bars! Not as big as the orders I used to do for a B&B when we lived in Texas, but still enough to have me excited! I'll have all of them wrapped soon, but have to go get more printer ink to make my ingredient labels before I can deliver.

I was thinking of offering this for a local coffee supplier - and I thought I was being original. :oops:

Just shows how hard it is to have a genuinely new idea in this world. Someone else has usually done it already. :clap:

And worse, I just realised the post was 181 pages ago! :shock:

KK, this does not seem like a bad thing, unless you are in the same community as Ruthie/competing for business. Why not do it anyway, w/your local coffee places? She was probably not the first person to think of it either, that is the reason this place is good, everyone shares ideas b/c it is not a zero-sum process, we all benefit.

I made coffee/tea soap with high top and fragranced with coconut almond ginger fragrance ..... I hope it will look like coffee with whipped topping lol

Made Sodium Citrate using the method so generously shared with us by Galaxy. Feeling like I accomplished something ... lol

Made my first vanilla test batch with four of my fragrances. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Also made another holiday soap, it won't make it for the holiday swap but it gave me one more try for the inverted stamp challenge. Unfortunately it was a bust and I ended up texturing the top to smooth out my mess.

Finally I made a new batch of vanilla clove and got my final inverted stamp accomplished for the challenge. Now I need to go read about making sodium citrate!

I spent the last few days making seasonal soaps too! Even had time to make and edit a new video. Today I'm planning on filling all of my soap molds and making lotion ... And maybe if I type it here, I'll keep myself accountable to getting it done ha!

I have been busy labeling soaps for the general store owner and taking product photos. Egads it takes forever lol!

IMG_1760.jpg

I read a few posts, and got my soapjo back. I made a small batch of soap for my kids in Jammin' Rock Candy FO.

I also started a cart at NG for payday.

Not all soapy, but packaged wax tarts, made tags for them, designed and printed gift certificates, and cut yesterday's batch of Blue Man lard soap.

Sonya, your dog is incredibly cute, I am glad he can look forward to a non-crusty nose. I love Sharpei's, even their crankiness, it makes it more fun to win them over.

He is very cute but then I am biased! Though there's no crankiness - he's an odd bod, always happy although he can be VERY stubborn!

Back