What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my loaf I made yesterday. I've really been trying to get swirls to work, and I obviously need more practice. My last 2 loads before this one had bad discoloration. This one is at least nice and white, now I just need deeper swirls.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435615588.695325.jpg

I made some soap incorporating boiled down jewelweed instead of water using some molds from China for the second time...not cheap but a great quality....I used them yesterday for the same jewelweed recipe and the bars came out beautiful...I CPOP so I watched my temps and they came out perfect...put the mold in when the oven cooled to 170 F and then walked away....this morning they were unfolded after 12 hours and this afternoon stamped....

It's supply day at my house. Heading to Costco later on for more OO and AO. Placed an order with Bescented for the silliest reason imaginable: I needed glitter puffers and also a cylinder mold. Of course I had to sneak a a few FOs into the cart. I'll make sure to post how they behaved since it's a new company. Received a couple of embed molds from China that I ordered such a long time ago that it was a total surprise when they came.

ETA:

Bescented got back to me right away to let me know that they sell FOs by weight.

Mad Oils also got back to me right away to let me know that Home for the Holidays will be out in July (been wanting to try that one). Pumpkin Bread is being reformulated but will be ready for fall soaping.

Last edited:
I cut my loaf I made yesterday. I've really been trying to get swirls to work, and I obviously need more practice. My last 2 loads before this one had bad discoloration. This one is at least nice and white, now I just need deeper swirls.
View attachment 14761

Try pouring your colours from higher up, a foot or so above your mold, raise and lower the pitcher as you go to very the pour depth.

Edited to add that the soap looks very creamy and pretty as is.

Last edited:
Today is soaping day. I need to wait for my niece to go on home and then it is off to the store to get a silicone loaf pan and then I'm getting my vanilla/mint on. I need to make my self a log mold to the dimensions I want and frankly, it is too **** hot for that right now.

Very pretty Jules, I'm sorry to hear about you being sick. :(

I got some very sad news about a relative I haven't seen in a while. She was my age (23), and was struck by lightning this weekend and passed away... I needed some cheering up so I made a big batch of rose soap. It's in the fridge now.

That's kind of you to say. I think they were especially nice. Even with an accelerating FO, the batch behaved nice. Hopefully I don't get partial gel now.

I guess it made me especially sad since she was my age and had just graduated from MIT. She had a very bright future ahead of her. She was camping with 10 friends when it happened. They are all ok.

On Sunday I went to make my mint and lavender soap.

Measured out everything for 8 loaves. Had the essential oils in the pot of oil when I realized that I had measured rosemary instead of lavender.

Thankfully I carry rosemary and mint, but I didn't need another 96 bars...

I haven't done anything soapy yet but I'm hoping my husband can keep my little dude occupied long enough for me to go upstairs and play.

But in the meantime, I was surfing the net and came across this pic...is it me or are there lye pockets near the bottom of the two bars on the left? This person is advertising these for sale I believe.

Lye Pocket Soap.jpg

Latest posts

Back