What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what came out of my bambu & basil. I love the greenish colour and it has a very nice hardness, foams well. BUT! It smells awful :D I think the basil EO was a bad choice. I wanted a scent with nature and herbs, but it's a weird combination of absinthe, liquorice and wood :D I'm glad it was just a small batch, I was testing new recipe. Seaweed pimples I still like. With another fragrance, this will be nice. I'm thinking of cucumber-seaweed.

Pretty Hildge!

Can't wait to see the whiskey soap cut! I'm planning to make my first one next week. What kind of whiskey did you use?

I used Dewar's White Label. It's a blended scotch. Made the soap for a friend who loves whisky. Didn't manage to buy a FO so it's unscented. It doesn't really have much of a scent either. Was hoping that at least maybe a slight whiff would have survived but didn't. Oh well.

Make sure to boil off enough alcohol ! Hopefully it'll turn out awesome.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1407732358.252743.jpg

Well I was hoping to do another fun soap this weekend. I have a few more eo blends I have been letting meld together and I still have BB Cranberry Fig, Ginger Lime and Espresso haunting me... but no, hubby has been giving away his fishing soap like crazy to all his buddies so I HAD to make a new batch of anise soap with coffee.

Of course that means all my fab frozen 3x brewed coffee I was GOING to use for the espresso soap is gone and I have to brew a new batch before I can make it.

Bitter much? :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the whiskey soap cut! I'm planning to make my first one next week. What kind of whiskey did you use?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1407779563.459691.jpg

Here's it when it's cut ! It's a small batch just to experiment with it. So I didn't really make it pretty LOL. There's another bar but I was lazy to take a picture of it

^^nice soap!

I spilled bergamot eo all over my soap room table while making a new blend. That is my soaping disaster for the day so I quit. Tomorrow is a new day. :(

Going back to Tuesday, did my first swirl soap, was hoping it was hard enough to unmold yesterday and dashed home from work to go see if I could unmold and cut, to my dismay, still too soft.. . . .husband walks in to the kitchen and sees me checking on the soap and says "you really are addicted"

So when I get home from work today. . . . .I will get to see what it looks like. Can't wait!!

Going back to Tuesday, did my first swirl soap, was hoping it was hard enough to unmold yesterday and dashed home from work to go see if I could unmold and cut, to my dismay, still too soft.. . . .husband walks in to the kitchen and sees me checking on the soap and says "you really are addicted"

So when I get home from work today. . . . .I will get to see what it looks like. Can't wait!!

LOL, there are so much worse addictions!! Just noticed you are from Zimbabwe. I have the most gorgeous 6 & & foot Olivewood carved Giraffes from Zimbabwe. Such fantastic carved work

I just finished my soap challenge! I did a huge photo shoot with my negative space embed soap. So many awesome pictures to choose from. Once I decide I will definitely be sharing. Now to edit the video and post! I am soooo happy with how they turned out.

The only soapy thing I've been doing is pulling all my soap equipment out of storage and making lists of what I need to get to start soaping again. Having to pare that down from what I want to what I actually need is a pain in the butt. :lol:

Summerflyy, that's pretty. My whiskey soap did not turn out that well the first time around. :/

Today I made a test batter with shea butter (with coconut, olive, castor and rapeseed) and split the batter in two portions before adding fragrance (I decided to save time and test two new fragrances at the same time). The other one got vanilla-coffee scent and cardamom, the kind use use in baking. The other one was pure cucumber extract and seaweed. Both behaved well and now I'm happy to got to bed, knowing I get to see them in the morning :crazy:

I did a couple of 'firsts' for me late last night/early this morning. I did my very first ever 'secret mantra' swirl while using my new Essential Depot silicone log mold for the first time, along with using my new acrylic swirling dividers from the Great Soap Shop that were made especially for the mold.

My fragrance oil was not new, though. I used an old favorite- Pomegranate from SweetCakes, and it behaved as beautifully for me as it smells- which as always, is awesome- and I used red and gold micas as my swirling colors. I can hardly wait to unmold!

IrishLass :)

The only soapy thing I've been doing is pulling all my soap equipment out of storage and making lists of what I need to get to start soaping again. Having to pare that down from what I want to what I actually need is a pain in the butt. :lol:

Summerflyy, that's pretty. My whiskey soap did not turn out that well the first time around. :/

Thank you. It's curing right now and the colour seems a little darker right now. Would make a fruit beer soap next friday when some of the soaps have finished curing and I will have more space for soaps. The whiskey retained some of its smell but it's more obvious in one bar than the other.

For the fruit beer soaps, I think I'll add some fruit beer syrup or liquid at trace while I dissolve the lye in some distilled water :3

Nothin soapy today, but made a double batch of body butter and finished up some Itch Stopper. Our state fair starts Thrursday and I'm frantically trying to get everything done. I also got a Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine (not for soap). This thing is amazing! And I hardly even know what it does yet! Trying not to play with it TOO much as there is so much product to be made but it's hard :(

I re-created a citrus eo blend soap I made by default a few months ago. It turned into one of my favorite soaps but since I only used little yogurt cups for the molds cause I was really just practicing individual mold swirling I wanted to make one in a loaf so I could make pretty bars. I used the neon sampler from WSP for colors and I am excited to see how it turns out. Looks like sherbert -

1408291823609.jpg

Latest posts

Back