What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, honey, my heart breaks for you! So sorry to hear that! But, thank you for jerking me out of my pity party! There are always people worse off than me, and I need to remember that.

Thanks for the sympathy Susie, but...aren't you the one with the cast?! I don't know; that might be worse because except for your arm, you're sooooo close to soaping heaven! It is good to hear that your son helped out and won't have to resort to that bizarre grocery store stuff that tried to pass as soap!

I tried soaping in the bathroom upstairs, but having to carrying things up and down the stairs, bagging the bowls, gloves, spoons and such to carry back down...and still without a kitchen sink to wash in, it just ended up being a chore! Can you imagine?

So, today I will sit here an sniff more fo's, dreaming of autumn and Christmas soap.

Today I'm emptying a curing shelf. Heard back from a friend in Florida who loves the samples I sent her, so I'm boxing up 12 bars to mail to her!

Renos suck! Esp since you personally don't have any control over the whole thing. I'd be badgering my landlord if I were you..... hope the madness will be complete soon, and you get to go back to soaping.

I still haven't soaped. I'm OCD about what mold I want, and I think I'll need to make my own so I get the size I want. Only thing is....i live in a condo and don't have any tools....

Thanks Lenarenee! I used liquid colours, mainly yellow but a small splash of green :) It came out really fresh lime yellow. I think it goes well with the fresh scent and seasalt.

Made a batch of my Lime Ginger Ale soap. First batch I've made in three months...since stockpiling for my first farmer's market!

Made a lavender soap with fo from be scented. It was a dream to soap with.

1408576923815.jpg

I finally bought my scale today. Slowly but surely getting all my supplies to begin my new hobby.
All I have left is to buy my stick blender. I've been watching many videos and reading lots of material. I can't wait to get started!
Still not sure if I'll do CP or HP for my first batch. I'm going to do the Lots of Lather recipe by the
Soap Queen. I really want to add fragrance but not sure which one would be the best to use since it will be my first batch.

Made some soaps today... It's currently sitting and waiting to set. My stick blender died on me so I had to stir by hand. No more soaping for me until I get a new stick blender ....

Stirring for an hour is really no fun at all !!!

My soap racks are full, so I updated my inventory of supplies in sm3. Unmolded two soaps...forever red and lavender. Picked up labels and packages. Now getting ready to plan new soap for fall and winter. I should be tired.

I made a beautiful passion fruit & orange soap this morning :) and I'm waiting to cut my lavender & peppermint soap that I made yesterday. I have had it In the fridge to avoid gel (first time doing this) so can anyone tell me when I am able to cut it? I understand it has to reach room temperature , but should I wait till tonight or tomorrow? Yes cleaning up after is the worst

I made some green soap with moss fragrance and seaweed. This will be interesting! Looks very forestry and smells like Hobbit woods :)

I made my first Christmas soap. White Peppermint with a red and green swirl. How original! ;-)

Jeanea... what type of mold did you use for your top soap? Beautiful soaps! I like the shape of your bar. I am not into fancy tops; however, I like my soap to be flush, but I can see where your shape would be perfect (for me) with that type of mold. Would you share your type of mold? I am always looking for the perfect mold.

Thank you Jules... nice compliment coming from a great soaper. :)

Last edited:
I made a great hand & body lotion last night. It is called Lavender & Cucumber Melon and I just put some on my hands as it had to sit overnight to cool and thicken. It turned out great, the feel is not overly greasy either. It has some great oils in it like Shea Butter, Sweet Almond, Avocado.

No soapy fun for me, just selling like crazy at the state fair for the next 2 weeks. Not a bad thing, just not as fun as creating more soap!

Jaccart789 I used the crafters 1501 mold. I usually don't do high top, but I had too much batter and no room for more soap on the shelf. The bottom one, well the gremlins ate some soap because I didn't fill the mold completely...lol

Made 4 dozen soapy cupcakes. I had decided not to make/sell them anymore then did one of my big shows and had a dozen people come to my booth looking for them. Should kick myself in the butt for that one. The did buy soap but wanted cupcakes too. So, back at it. Also getting ready for #3 big show for the year (1 to go) this coming weekend. Need to ramp up production as some are running low. Good that they are selling bad that I can't keep up with some of them.

Back