What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Washed up yesterday's M&P mess and still trying to talk myself into tackling that bacon loaf. I have 3 loaves to make by the end of the day (not all bacon, thank GOD!) and I have so many other non soap related things to do! And still settling into my new home so this place is making me INSANE! (but guess which room got organized first? ...just sayin...):wink:

Replenished my coconut oil supply, and talked to the meat man to save me fat.. gotta pick it up in a couple hours. Then I have to make more beef tallow.. thinking about working on my swirls.. hmmm

Hours later..

Its official I SUCK at swirls.. but I should have a really pretty grey neroli shea soap when it comes out, went back to the meat man he GAVE me about 10 pounds of beef fat, so I have it rendering on the stove.. BONUS got about 1 1/2 # beef trimmings. And with the cost of beef I will take it. Packaged soaps for my son the entrepreneur in a residential school to take and sell for some pocket money..

I'd say its been pretty productive even with a fever if 101

Last edited:
I just got done making a apple cider cold process soap. It uses apple cider in place of the water, and I add a little ginger, and a little peppermint scent. No need to add any colors to the soap as it comes out a beautiful brown Apple cider color.

In the process of ordering more oils. I ordered some laurel bay oil in the hopes of making aleppo inspired soap. I want to see what all the hype is about. I also ordered more base oils. Trying to stay within a budget.

Have a shopping cart at NDA started. Trying to get to the $100 minimum... almost there! and found lard in the grocery store!!!! Will have to continue gathering my soaping equipment part 2 before I can actually start soaping again...

I made some soap with a new fragrance called mountain lakes. It smells beautiful! It traces very quickly. I was trying to a different swirl pattern but I had to abandon that idea and end up plopping all 4 colors in. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised when I cut into it tomorrow. It is apparently in gel stage right now.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408325512.777058.jpg

Last edited:
That is gorgeous, Jaccart789! I made a batch of Christmas soaps using Cranberry Chutney mixed with a bit of Cranberry Realistic. The scent is faint and I went to 47 instead of 45 mg but it's still peeving me greatly that I can't smell much. Then I started to rinse out my buckets in the courtyard and once again just kicked them under the house out of laziness and frustration and waited for our inevitable summer storms to do the rest.

Made confetti coffee soap yesterday, gonna see if I can cut it today. Hopefully it turns out good.

Nothing! Can't make soaps for at least a month when the cast comes off. Probably not for 6 weeks! Good thing my son was here to help make bars and laundry soap, or I would have been buying *GASP!* store bought syndet!

Just finish pouring my Salty Pumpkin salt bars. Waiting for them to set-up so I can cut them. I love Pumpkin Spice from Soapsupplies.net, it soaps beautifully hold fragrance, no acceleration and moderate discoloration. How can you beat all that for pumpkin fo :thumbup:

Got my Bud Cutter in today!

Now I can't wait to CUT something.... hmmm....:problem:

Had a s.e.r.i.o.u.s. chat with the homeowner about how this "2 weeks, tops!" renovation has cost me major money because it's going on 2 MONTHS. We have to still buy drinking water, eat out a lot, throw out tons of food because the electrical problems leave fridge without power, surges have blown out brand new fancy, snazzy toaster oven, and freaks out the a/c, which left us smelting in 90+ temps with 80% humidity for 2 weeks. :-x

And the dust. Noise. Strange men wandering through the house, sometimes arguing and definitely spewing enough colorful language to enhance our little girl's vocabulary.

Firmly mentioned that if the workers would actually show up; that more would get done!

While I wait for a counter top to soap on (little one had her 7th bday! Card table is full of Lego creations I wouldn't dream of touching!) I pull out bottles of eo's and fo's to smell....dreaming of *soon* turning them into soap!

Had a s.e.r.i.o.u.s. chat with the homeowner about how this "2 weeks, tops!" renovation has cost me major money because it's going on 2 MONTHS. We have to still buy drinking water, eat out a lot, throw out tons of food because the electrical problems leave fridge without power, surges have blown out brand new fancy, snazzy toaster oven, and freaks out the a/c, which left us smelting in 90+ temps with 80% humidity for 2 weeks. :-x

And the dust. Noise. Strange men wandering through the house, sometimes arguing and definitely spewing enough colorful language to enhance our little girl's vocabulary.

Firmly mentioned that if the workers would actually show up; that more would get done!

While I wait for a counter top to soap on (little one had her 7th bday! Card table is full of Lego creations I wouldn't dream of touching!) I pull out bottles of eo's and fo's to smell....dreaming of *soon* turning them into soap!

Aw, honey, my heart breaks for you! So sorry to hear that! But, thank you for jerking me out of my pity party! There are always people worse off than me, and I need to remember that.

Latest posts

Back