What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kicking myself for trying my first color swirl with a floral fo - barely got everything in the molds last night. Swirling was a joke. Today I have pink and cream layered soap blobs. Not very pretty but they sure smell good.

Might try a salt bar today.

I'm delighted yet devastated at the same time. My friend camemy pkg of EOs yesterday.....then I smelled the bag. My anise EO bottle exploded in transit!!!!! So, no more anise for me. :'( so many soapy plans now down the drain! :(

Bright side is I still have plenty of others to play with. :)

had a student came by today for a cp-hp class. i nearly forgot how to hp in a double boiler, lol! haven't done that for a long time. tonight, i have to finish packaging the soapcake order. putting all the ribbons and such, very time consuming. i wanna be rewarded greatly for this one, ha!

Made EVOO castille today. Not sure whether it was classify as CP or HP. Didn't use SB, so no trace even after 3 hours mark even with hot water bath. So I put it in microwave, until it finally traced. Heavily.

Will post pic tomorrow after cutting it and give the full story.

I'm delighted yet devastated at the same time. My friend camemy pkg of EOs yesterday.....then I smelled the bag. My anise EO bottle exploded in transit!!!!! So, no more anise for me. :'( so many soapy plans now down the drain! :(

Bright side is I still have plenty of others to play with. :)

Oh no!!! I would be so upset!

Last night I cut the soap I made Thursday. The swirls inside were very faint and it was dark, so I didn't take pictures. The swirls on the outside were more noticeable after sitting out for a day, so I'm hoping the cut sides will darken up too.

The smell is divine, though, and only seems to get better as it sits. Very fruity and sweet without being cloying.

Looked around on Camden-Grey, ready to order some more EOs! Can't wait to finally get a big bottle of peru balsam for soapmaking. Too bad CG is out of patchouli, though... I don't wanna order the wildcrafted kind (which is the only kind in stock) because it's so expensive.

Oh no!!! I would be so upset!

it is sad. I was planning on a orange and black tiger stripe with anise and sweet orange, then yesterday on your post the anise and lemon one. sigh. on well..... I have plenty more to play with, so now I'm working on some other blends..... any ideas for Rasta soap? I have so far patchouli and lemongrass...

Unmolded my first salt bar. Looks good! Now the wait... :beer::beer::beer:

it is sad. I was planning on a orange and black tiger stripe with anise and sweet orange, then yesterday on your post the anise and lemon one. sigh. on well..... I have plenty more to play with, so now I'm working on some other blends..... any ideas for Rasta soap? I have so far patchouli and lemongrass...

Ohhh..Something herby would be nice with that - Sage? Rosemary?

Last edited by a moderator:
oohhh! rosemary! that would smell nice! I was also thinking maybe orange... i'll have to do some testing....

Just made my first salt bar. It's scented with lemongrass and lime e.o and anchored with litsea cubea. It sure did move fast. It also has pink himalyan sea salt. Smells yummy. We will see how it turns out.

Just cut my carrot facial soap today. Doesn't look fancy, but has lots of goodies in it including carrot, illite clay, Shea butter, vitamin E, etc... ImageUploadedBySoap Making1398816412.458855.jpg

Made the bases for 30 Black Raspberry Vanilla, Bath Bomb Creamers, Made a batch of Orange/Plumeria CP, and a batch of Pear CP, Received 10 1oz NG scents ( can't wait to soap with their Bamboo Hemp, and their Hot Cocoa Scent is sooooo YUMMY") I'm not even a foodie scent person, so go figure.. Dishes are done and time for a glass of Vino~ Love and Cheers.

I discovered a coffee tray in my storage room, one that I received as part of a holiday gift basket years ago. I don't use coffee trays, as I never have people over for coffee. So my soapy brain decided it would be a perfect soap mold. I measured it out, and calculated how I can make 18 perfect 4oz bars out of it.

That makes for a productive day, no?

Tomorrow I'll actually make the soap.

Used up a couple of bars I had in the shower, so I replaced them (one of my coconut bars that I've been using to try to get rid of gunk on my hair, and then grabbed one of my Love Spell bars to try out). I also grabbed one of my superlye bars to leave by the sink as a tester.

Mixed about half a dozen "blends" since I got my latest EO order in yesterday.

Prepped my mold for the next batch.

Joined a new forum of local farmers in my town to engage in "exchange" - homegrown produce for goods, they seem excited at the prospect of getting handmade soap for their awesome produce/herbs. Probably not as excited as me. :thumbup:

Dusted off my juicer cause if I get a bunch of local produce I might just try to make some juices out of the product for soaping.

Organized my soaping area to make room, time to get busy! :-D

Made two different batches of beer soap, washed soap dishes twice, and ordered more cocoa butter (because I didn't plan ahead about running out). Now I'm going to make some mango lassi...but that's not soap-related :)

Back