What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made two 2 lb batches of soap. One with lard, one with Great Value Shortening to test the differences. Both had sugar, so watching them like a hawk for volcano tendencies.

I made a new slab mould out of an old key cupboard and had to give it a test run. Just pulled a 7-coloured Spring swirled soap out of the oven. New mould, new recipe, new colours, new FO, new soap! Ah yes, it was a good day. :)

Made a soap with a local chocolate beer, coffee-infused oil, coffee absolute, and cocoa powder. Experimented with mixing my beer soap at lower temps than I normally do.
Looked at a soap I made last night...kicking myself for not taking notes the last time I made it. Note: cinnamon EO seizes! But, I knew that...I just didn't want to believe it was true :(
Washed last night's soaping dishes!

I have 25 pounds of cold process soap sitting on the counter waiting to be cut and another 10 pounds of liquid soap paste waiting to be dissolved, tomorrow is soon enough for both. I was ambitious today!

Today, I made an all lard soap scented with white tea and ginger. I also tried blending some e.o and f.o.

I cut my first rectangular loaf of bath soap. (Earlier bath soaps have been round columns, or individual bar molds.

I know how that goes, Jules! That (and a messy kitchen) was part of why I hadn't soaped since I made the easter soaps for family! Just broke through last night. First time replacing water with juice, first time using clay, and first time blending more than one FO, all in one soap!

So relate! Our sewer lines were backed up this week so I couldn't clean the kitchen which means no soaping for me! Finally cleaned it all last night so now I can make soap again but feel so overwhelmed with my options. I think I have settled to try a rose scented soap with my first oxide sample - first time with coloring and hope to experiment with a swirl maybe. We shall see!

At least backed up sewer lines is a better excuse than tiredness and laziness! Heh. Cleaning the kitchen has to be one of the chores I hate the most. And at least I got everything cleaned up again after soaping last night, so I can use the kitchen again today. :)

Too tired to do much lately, but today I experimented a bit, and ended up with 10-minute Liquid Soap.. well, soap paste anyhow. We'll see how long it takes to dilute lol.

I rendered 20 pounds of tallow for an order.
Took an inventory of all the supplies on hand and ordered the ones I was short on.
Prepped the equipment for tomorrow, drank a beer, realized it was flat (because it was meant for the soap) add 1 beer to the order. Then I stalked the forums.

Made a batch (with a two-color swirl!), unmolded a batch from yesterday, washed my soap dishes...it's the hardest part, ugh! :)

Today I add scent to the last of my liquid soaps, fix a couple of labeling errors, do up some salves, check my tinctures, do up a liquid soap, stuff like that. I have several shows coming up so I am trying to get a lot done.

I am leaving in a minute to pick up boxes and boxes of supplies (molds, cutters, oils, eo's etc) that I found on craigslist for less than $50!!! The girl said her friend made soap and moved and gave her this stuff and she has no idea how to use it! Looks like $500-$1000 worth of supplies!!! Whoo hoo!!!

friend touched down back on the island, and has my goodies with her!!!!! will be getting all my EOs today. will have to package some soap for her (that was our trade agreement)

Latest posts

Back