What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh.. it appears they wrote up the description for a lotion bar, and accidentally pasted it in the soap description. Other than accidentally calling it bubbly soap towards the end of that description, I'm not positive they claim it cleans. And look at the benefits! I'd go for a bubbly lotion bar that nourishes me, moisturizes my skin, and even replaces my therapist.
Yeah, I read a few other soap descriptions on that page, and ALL of them had spelling errors, grammatical errors, labeling errors, discrepancies between the description and the actual ingredients, or a combination of some or all of the foregoing. For someone charging that kind of price for her products, I'm shocked at the lack of professionalism and legal compliance.

Too funny! If only!!!

What brand of dish washing gloves ar you using? I need new ones.
OMG, Did the FDA exist back then?

Re: dishwashing gloves... I don't use them for that, but I do buy them for other cleaning purposes. I prefer sturdy ones with a long long cuff. Not even sure of the brand I get, it's been so long since I bought a decent pair. But to get the extra long cuff, the grocery store or walmart has been where I find them. The ones at Dollar General are a hopeless waste of money.

Today I made the tall & skinny shimmy soap design w/ green, aqua blue & white colors, scented in lavender essential oil. I'm also trying out my corrugated plastic soap mold hubby made' so its going to be fun to see how it all turns out' 1st time trying this shimmy design, fingers crossed it turns out. 🤞🏼😉🧼

Moved soaps to all plastic containers and a cooler storage area.
Also bemoaned that all of my soaps are ugly (except one batch) and I hate them. :rolleyes:
(Really I think some of them just need to be cleaned up a bit - beveled and planed or "washed" b/c they have cutting marks and steamed b/c ash)

annnnd made a post on this forum about DOS because I hate it. 😂

I'm back to my love hate relationship with making soap but I've missed it here. Haven't been able to make soap for a while because of home stuff(mostly a really sick kitty) but I've missed you guys.

Moved soaps to all plastic containers and a cooler storage area.
Also bemoaned that all of my soaps are ugly (except one batch) and I hate them. :rolleyes:
(Really I think some of them just need to be cleaned up a bit - beveled and planed or "washed" b/c they have cutting marks and steamed b/c ash)

annnnd made a post on this forum about DOS because I hate it. 😂

I'm back to my love hate relationship with making soap but I've missed it here. Haven't been able to make soap for a while because of home stuff(mostly a really sick kitty) but I've missed you guys.
There is no such thing as ugly soap! 😁 Make some confetti soap, or as you said, clean them up and bevel. It makes a big difference. It’s still soap and gobs better than the commercial stuff and it’s all part of learning. Don’t be discouraged. ♥️

There is no such thing as ugly soap! 😁 Make some confetti soap, or as you said, clean them up and bevel. It makes a big difference. It’s still soap and gobs better than the commercial stuff and it’s all part of learning. Don’t be discouraged. ♥
@Jersey Girl so right on!

@LilianNoir not to keep banging this drum, but look for a place to donate your cured soaps. It is a way to pay forward, give back, help others. Doing that always makes the giver feel good, too, because “it is more blessed to give than to receive.”

And it cleans out your soap room to give you a fresh start. 😁

Yesterday I tried my hand at a 'Ghost Swirl'. This morning it unmolded beautifully and it appears that it may be a success - I think the difference in colour will be there but you may have to 'squint' to see it! I won't cut it til later tonight or tomorrow so hoping the cut will show more of a different. I tried the reverse feather swirl... I don't have a very steady hand so who knows what that will look like... will post a pic later.

Yesterday I tried my hand at a 'Ghost Swirl'. This morning it unmolded beautifully and it appears that it may be a success - I think the difference in colour will be there but you may have to 'squint' to see it! I won't cut it til later tonight or tomorrow so hoping the cut will show more of a different. I tried the reverse feather swirl... I don't have a very steady hand so who knows what that will look like... will post a pic later.
Can’t wait to see that!

Can't wait to see it, too. Tonight I'll cut into my reverse feather swirl also!

Attempting to rebatch my first ever botched batch of soap... growing pains from trying to tweak my go to recipe 😬🥺🙃

Attachments

• 20201014_105941.jpg
    20201014_105941.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 34
I made a couple batches in the last couple days. Just a plain lavender cause everybody loves lavender and an oatmeal milk and honey. I’m also including a pic of a soap I made a few weeks a ago...I know way off season, lol. But I thought it was cute. Found this desk set of a beach scene at a yard sale many years ago. It was in my attic and after I made the beach soap and I was photographing it I remembered I had it so I grabbed it and finally put it to use. 😁

Attachments

• 6A6715F7-951E-41C5-959B-B84067A179CD.jpeg
    6A6715F7-951E-41C5-959B-B84067A179CD.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 3BD9838F-0335-4EBE-943A-AE508851B362.jpeg
    3BD9838F-0335-4EBE-943A-AE508851B362.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 24D09679-47BB-44EC-BBF0-933094883B3B.jpeg
    24D09679-47BB-44EC-BBF0-933094883B3B.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 34
I made a couple batches in the last couple days. Just a plain lavender cause everybody loves lavender and an oatmeal milk and honey. I’m also including a pic of a soap I made a few weeks a ago...I know way off season, lol. But I thought it was cute. Found this desk set of a beach scene at a yard sale many years ago. It was in my attic and after I made the beach soap and I was photographing it I remembered I had it so I grabbed it and finally put it to use. 😁
I like your pictures, especially the cute little beach chair :). I make a soap with a Lavender Vanilla FO and it's been really popular. I don't like Lavender at all but I know a lot of other people do so I make it.

@Jersey Girl Those photos are lovely!

I like your pictures, especially the cute little beach chair :). I make a soap with a Lavender Vanilla FO and it's been really popular. I don't like Lavender at all but I know a lot of other people do so I make it.
Thank you! Just recently I also made a lavender soap to which I added a little raw honey fo I got from BB. I LOVE it! Lavender is a great one to blend. Lavender vanilla sounds wonderful!

Attempting to rebatch my first ever botched batch of soap... growing pains from trying to tweak my go to recipe 😬🥺🙃
Awww, those soaps look cute! What went wrong?

FYI, and forgive me if you already know this, but your rebatching will go a lot more quickly if you grate the soaps first, or at least chop them into smaller chunks. My first rebatch took all day to melt down because I didn't know to do that.

I made salt soap today. I wanted a lot and so made a double batch - big mistake. With that much weight I couldn’t hold the jug to pour into the molds and the soap set pretty fast so the last bits were glooped in. here are some peppermint snowflakes made in a salt bar that I did a few weeks ago, single batch colored with ultramarin.

Attachments

• F6DCFA49-7122-4CC9-AB37-CEDB343407EC.jpeg
    F6DCFA49-7122-4CC9-AB37-CEDB343407EC.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 33
Playing around with SM3 and figuring things out there. So far I really like it. I moved my soaping area out of the kitchen and into a designated corner in my crafting spot upstairs. I don't know if I like it though. It was crowded but convenient to be in the kitchen and right next to the sink. I'll give it a while and see how I like it after working there for a bit. Also, this is a soap I made a few days ago. I was looking at my kitty one day and decided I could make a soap that looks like her. So I designed a calico cat soap, lol. First time piping on top like this. I used Sweet Orange and Chilli Pepper FO from WSP and I love it!!.
20201009_162341.jpg

@tommysgirl I love the calico kitty! My parents had a calico for 25 years that used to go on walks with my dad (her person). 🐱

Please let me know how it goes with having your supplies out of the kitchen. I am also considering moving all my soaping supplies into the spare room. If I do, I'll purchase a small microwave and a single electric burner so that I can soap in there instead of at the kitchen table. That way, I don't have to drag stuff out, and then put it back. That makes the whole process much less enjoyable! I already use a big cardboard box or plastic storage tub to saponify my soap utensils out in the garage for a day (ahem, or a few weeks... 😁 ). So it will be easy to carry that to the kitchen with everything in it whenever wash day happens.

Latest posts

Back