What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my Guinness soap, first time to add anything to basic soap recipe, I think it turned out good! The fragrance is Brambleberry Oatmeal Stout. It is supposed to discolor to brown, but I added a tsp. of extra dark cocoa to be View attachment 45110sure. I washed my hands with a scrap piece and it is very bubbly and creamy...Yay for beer soap!
It looks great! I love beer soap!

When I make soap (HP) its always difficult to get all of the soap out of the crock or the measuring cups i split the colors into because it cools and thickens as you pour it. Today, I decided to scrape the crock pot and measuring cups individually. I added a bit of water to each and nuked them for 30 seconds, stirred and poured them into a mold, using the two bright colors to swirl on top of the white. Im anticipating two hand soap size bars or 3-4 sample sizes.

I normally save scraps in a bag and do a rebatch once i have enough but its always confetti type. this time the soap was still on the softer side and I kept the colors separate. cant wait to unmold it and see how it did.

I gathered up a few half empty bottles of FO - (Blackcurrant Tea, Peach Magnolia and Raspberry, Peach Nectar) to use them up before they get too old - added a bit of Sweet Orange EO and I shall call it Peaches and Berries!
988CD314-F805-4754-AB2A-DF8BFDA13F07_1_201_a.jpeg

What about making your friend some liquid soap. You can use some glycerin/water mix to dilute the KOH which makes it a little nicer on the hands. Even liquid soap is better after sequestering for 2 weeks, but you can use it right away.

I do not have any KOH though. And I don't have a hot process pot anymore.

I gathered up a few half empty bottles of FO - (Blackcurrant Tea, Peach Magnolia and Raspberry, Peach Nectar) to use them up before they get too old - added a bit of Sweet Orange EO and I shall call it Peaches and Berries!
View attachment 45113
Oooo that looks really pretty.. can't wait to see what it looks like cut!!

I do not have any KOH though. And I don't have a hot process pot anymore.

Oooo that looks really pretty.. can't wait to see what it looks like cut!!
Well you definitely need KOH, but you don’t need to cook it. I use a method called CPLS. or cold processed liquid soap. Easy as anything. If/when this thing is over, or you get KOH, there’s a FB group called CPLS. come join us.

Made these today. Not sure if order is correct but they were, choc orange, spearmint and eucalyptus eo blend, wild berries and cant remember last one

Attachments

• 20200414_222700.jpg
    20200414_222700.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200414_222700.jpg
    20200414_222700.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200414_222644.jpg
    20200414_222644.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 27
They look great! How do you label a soap that you don’t know which fragrance you used?

Im in the uk so i dont, we cant sell without an assessment so i simply cant sell these its just hobby soap and frsgrance and eo blend testing. Oh and best of all its practise swirling too! Its like christmas day when am unmoulding and cutting them. but i do know the fragrance i just cant remember and havent been into my soaping room it is also nearly 1am now. Edit just remembered it was lime basil and manderin!

Photo below is of what im putting out for bin men and front line workers tomorrow as a way of saying thanks for all the hard work. Even if it only makes one person smile thats more than enough reason to do it 😁😁 the little bags are little melt sample bags i made up a while ago

Attachments

• 20200415_005211.jpg
    20200415_005211.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Im in the uk so i dont, we cant sell without an assessment so i simply cant sell these its just hobby soap and frsgrance and eo blend testing. Oh and best of all its practise swirling too! Its like christmas day when am unmoulding and cutting them. but i do know the fragrance i just cant remember and havent been into my soaping room it is also nearly 1am now. Edit just remembered it was lime basil and manderin!

Photo below is of what im putting out for bin men and front line workers tomorrow as a way of saying thanks for all the hard work. Even if it only makes one person smile thats more than enough reason to do it 😁😁 the little bags are little melt sample bags i made up a while ago
That is so sweet!!! Way better than little Debbie's or something

Well you definitely need KOH, but you don’t need to cook it. I use a method called CPLS. or cold processed liquid soap. Easy as anything. If/when this thing is over, or you get KOH, there’s a FB group called CPLS. come join us.
I have actually heard of CPLS!!

Very sweet, the laughing emoji is because you just remembered your fragrance!

I LOVE that fragrance! Must buy some more.

That is so sweet!!! Way better than little Debbie's or something

Think im missing something whats littles debbies?

I kinda missed the bin men i didnt want to put jt out last night because of how cold it was didnt want it sweating and the bin was overflowing so couldnt put it on the bin :rolleyes::rolleyes: so going to put it on the top of the bin and leave it at the end of the drive anyways not looking windy or wet today so should be safe from getting wet or blowb off the bin

Cut two of them a tad early but not keen on them anyways tbh i much prefer the other 2! Hoping to grt one final batch of the soap to donate done today ready to cure and then well my curing shelves will be full for the first time ever lol

Attachments

• 20200415_115103.jpg
    20200415_115103.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 26
View attachment 45113

Fruity scents are my favorites. Sounds delicious!

Cut two of them a tad early but not keen on them anyways tbh i much prefer the other 2! Hoping to grt one final batch of the soap to donate done today ready to cure and then well my curing shelves will be full for the first time ever lol

I think these all look awesome!

Latest posts

Back