What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not been on and posted in a while iv been busy recently with all this virus going on. Iv paid for a fast tracked pre written soap assessment in order to be able to donate to our brave front line workers who are out there putting thier lives on the line to save and keep others lives safe! As a result of making this soap and making sure everything is all legally compliant i have needed a day off so while trying to use the palm oil i have left and to try keep my creative side active iv done a few swirled soaps too along with the plain donated soap. Its been a tough few weeks under lockdown.

Hope everyone is staying safe in this crazy time we are living through right now
There he is!! Finally! Where the heck have you been? Those soaps look great and the pink one and the green one are really elegant. Bless you for donating. You take care and welcome back!

There he is!! Finally! Where the heck have you been? Those soaps look great and the pink one and the green one are really elegant. Bless you for donating. You take care and welcome back!

Iv just been busy with alot of things going on zing. So iv recently got a machine called a brother scan n cut that im making my own packaging for the soaps for when i sell them the machine was given to me for free im still not sure how i managed that but its an awesome little machine. Iv been busy designing all my product labels, packaging and clp labels for my melts, iv been designing labels for other people too. My best friend has needed alot of help and caring people round her late last year because her daughter was basically taken from her by her ex she has since been fighting for custody for her daughter when she already had full custody so he and his current partner have been lying to social services and the court ever since i know they are lying because one of the lies involved me apparently being someone else. Everything they have done has set an even lower bar each time the never seem bothered about trying to throw **** at the wall and see what sticks :mad::mad: if it wasnt for my friend basically pushing me back in my car i would probably be in prison for assault on him and i happily would of kicked the living **** outta him for what hes done to my friend! She has been suicidal as a result of what he has done to her! So alot of time has been spent helping her theough all this!

And re the soaps im donating i simply want to give back and what better way to do that than doing it while i am doing something i enjoy doing :D:D im hoping to go self employed after all this calms down i was meant to be having an appointment about funding business plan ect but then all this happened so im using the time to sort a range of cosmetics to submit getting the packaging and labels made ect all to show and the soaps im donating ill be able to sell aswell so i will also have a physical ready and great smelling soap to hand over which is always good

Sorry this wasnt about soaping :p:p

Oh and also @Dawni keeps ignoring my inbox messages so wanted to annoy her in public instead! o_Oo_O

Iv just been busy with alot of things going on zing. So iv recently got a machine called a brother scan n cut that im making my own packaging for the soaps for when i sell them the machine was given to me for free im still not sure how i managed that but its an awesome little machine. Iv been busy designing all my product labels, packaging and clp labels for my melts, iv been designing labels for other people too. My best friend has needed alot of help and caring people round her late last year because her daughter was basically taken from her by her ex she has since been fighting for custody for her daughter when she already had full custody so he and his current partner have been lying to social services and the court ever since i know they are lying because one of the lies involved me apparently being someone else. Everything they have done has set an even lower bar each time the never seem bothered about trying to throw **** at the wall and see what sticks :mad::mad: if it wasnt for my friend basically pushing me back in my car i would probably be in prison for assault on him and i happily would of kicked the living **** outta him for what hes done to my friend! She has been suicidal as a result of what he has done to her! So alot of time has been spent helping her theough all this!

And re the soaps im donating i simply want to give back and what better way to do that than doing it while i am doing something i enjoy doing :D:D im hoping to go self employed after all this calms down i was meant to be having an appointment about funding business plan ect but then all this happened so im using the time to sort a range of cosmetics to submit getting the packaging and labels made ect all to show and the soaps im donating ill be able to sell aswell so i will also have a physical ready and great smelling soap to hand over which is always good

Sorry this wasnt about soaping :p:p

Oh and also @Dawni keeps ignoring my inbox messages so wanted to annoy her in public instead! o_Oo_O
Good to see you back Chris. I hope things get better for your friend and work out right for her. It is disgraceful what people do to one another at times.

How wonderful of you to Fast track your assessment in order to give away your soaps, from what I have read and understand that is no inexpensive venture. Granted I realize you will use it when you start selling but if you decide to change your recipe then you pay for another assessment. So I highly complement you.

I am not sure but I think Dawni left the forum over something that with someone else.

Good to see you back Chris. I hope things get better for your friend and work out right for her. It is disgraceful what people do to one another at times.

How wonderful of you to Fast track your assessment in order to give away your soaps, from what I have read and understand that is no inexpensive venture. Granted I realize you will use it when you start selling but if you decide to change your recipe then you pay for another assessment. So I highly complement you.

I am not sure but I think Dawni left the forum over something that with someone else.

Oh right didnt realise that thought id seen her post fairly recently tbh i did send her a message over 6 months ago though but anyways i was only joking about that bit i guessed she was probably just busy! but i might be wrong that might of been a while ago that she posted iv been in my own little world the past 6 months or so trying to get things sorted out with myself and my friend its been chaotic to say the least.

It was actually a prewritten one by an assessment chemist and he did it so people can sell and donate during this virus so it was cheaper than it usually would be at only 50 quid however its one sat option and thats it you cant add anything or take anything away from it, but it was a week turn round from the time i paid to the time i got the report back so i didnt mind too much tbh its usually at least a month. Iv still not got my own recipe completely to a point where im 100% happy with it still needs more testing tbh and im thinking after how nice the eo combo smells that i might use that and a few other eo's in my future soaps instead of just fo! Something for the people who want a natural scent Im hoping this appointment might bring me some much needed funding once all this is over though so im hoping this soap and being able to physically hand someone a bar to go away and try is only going to help my chances of getting funding and help ect further down the road. And also donating will get my name out there too so although im doing this for the right reasons i have got other reasons for doing it too! Altogether though probably talking about 150 quid for the assessment and the extra ingriedients i needed to make the soaps i have an assessment for but if i do something good now people are more likely to remember me after all this goes away and i get the satisfaction of doing something that makes me feel good :D:D

And thank you for the welcomes ill try stick around this time o_O misschief how do i find her on Instagram please?

Made a Guinness soap today. Used Brambleberry Oatmeal Stout fragrance. I’m not sure but it is possible I did NOT screw up and this doesn’t happen every day.

Attachments

• 00DC5182-E7BA-42CE-84CF-4A0471B39C1C.jpeg
    00DC5182-E7BA-42CE-84CF-4A0471B39C1C.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 22
Thats HP? nice job!

You are a hot processer arnt you? iv got a quick question if you are please. I made a batch the other day was cp but i forgot to put the eo oils in it was a bigger batch than i normally do because its to donate so someone suggested rebatching it this is something iv never done before and i think iv done something wrong. its still very very very soft over 24 hours after i rebatched it. Is this normal. Should i just throw it out and cut my losses or is it likely to harden over time? its taking up much needed mould space :rolleyes:

You are a hot processer arnt you? iv got a quick question if you are please. I made a batch the other day was cp but i forgot to put the eo oils in it was a bigger batch than i normally do because its to donate so someone suggested rebatching it this is something iv never done before and i think iv done something wrong. its still very very very soft over 24 hours after i rebatched it. Is this normal. Should i just throw it out and cut my losses or is it likely to harden over time? its taking up much needed mould space :rolleyes:

How much water did you add to it? It does stay softer a bit longer depending on how much water you used or how much glycerin. You can also throw the mold in the freezer for a few hours to speed it up

How much water did you add to it? It does stay softer a bit longer depending on how much water you used or how much glycerin. You can also throw the mold in the freezer for a few hours to speed it up
Freezer space is even more scarce than soaping moulds would the fridge help? iv got enough space in there? I just did as someone suggested and added water a little at a time and added enough to be able to break the cut soap up i didnt grate it because it was so fresh it was still to soft to grate so i sliced very thin then chopped again and then gradually added the water then mashed till it was well blended then cooked on low in slow cooker for an hour. i would guess about 400-500 ml too about 2400g of soap

Freezer space is even more scarce than soaping moulds would the fridge help? iv got enough space in there? I just did as someone suggested and added water a little at a time and added enough to be able to break the cut soap up i didnt grate it because it was so fresh it was still to soft to grate so i sliced very thin then chopped again and then gradually added the water then mashed till it was well blended then cooked on low in slow cooker for an hour. i would guess about 400-500 ml too about 2400g of soap

The freezer is fast but i would imagine the fridge would help

Maybe you added too much liquid when you rebatched? If that’s the problem, it’ll just take some time for the moisture to evaporate out. Leave it alone for a month or so and you may end up liking it.

Back