What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like lard but I can't find good quality here in uk. I try once but they really smell piggy

I just buy either from Morrisons or the Co-op. Yes it doesn't smell great when it's melted but I've not yet been able to smell it in my finished soap

I can't wait to share my newly cut soap I know that is still not look tidy. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1422516211.763824.jpg this is Sweet red pepper and a 100 percent coconut milk with the scent of coconut FO and sprinkle of mica on the top.

Last edited:
Reason #567 why having a cat-free zone to soap in is going to be great - I was rendering tallow (got some beef fat from my butcher :) ) when I realized the cat who had been stalking the kitchen was no longer around. I found her on top of my soap, which I had covered with a towel and left in the living room (the warmest room) to gel. So now the soap top that I was actually kinda proud of is a giant mush of kitty imprint. I guess I should have known she'd find the warmest object in the room and try to sleep on it.

Omg that's so funny. I have an electric throw I'll use every once in a blue to wrap a mold (over a towel or sheet usually) to force gel when the oven is actually in other use. I have to hide this bundle in the drawer somewhere because miss kitty figured out a while ago if she presses the large button, the blanky gets WARM! Now she thinks it's hers.

My propylene glycol arrived today so I'm ready to try my hand and making a M&P base :D Thought about doing it tonight, but UGGH, long day at work and I'm just not feeling it. I'll be tinkering first thing in the am though :D

Here's an oatmeal milk & honey one I made at the beginning of the month, and a coffee scrub loaf. 1st two batches of soap I've made since the 90's, and even then I never even made more than 6 batches total :) I really love how the milk & honey one turned out :)
Plan on making a melon one, citrusy one, bug repellant one, floral one, and a mens one this month, will post how those turn out :)

20150103_100628.jpg

20150104_075217.jpg

Oh man, I'm so proud of this thread...

Well, I haven't been soaping since June of last year. Just haven't been coping well with what life has been tossing my way...but I'm at a spot where I'm putting more effort into clawing my way back. Included in that is to start soaping again, and getting Easter gifts started is high up on the list! (It also helps that I gave away soaps for Christmas, and those have been getting love.) Not quite new soap tonight, but I started the prep for whipped soap! Oils were measured out (solids in one container and melted to mix them, and now they're cooling to re-solidify, liquids in another container). Once those were measured out, I measured out my lye-(citric acid-)water. That'll go in the fridge tonight, to be ready to soap tomorrow. :D

not soap, but i made a healing balm that was meant for scars. it can also doubled its function as a belly balm for the soon to be mamas. mixture of oils and EOs that have skin cell regeneration qualities (mainly rosehip, camellia, and emu oils), with some bees and soy waxes thrown in. was going to make it as a lotion, but i thought balm is better.. less processed, less this and that.

going to give sample jars to a couple of my preggie friends.. hope they like it, hope it works!

Omg that's so funny. I have an electric throw I'll use every once in a blue to wrap a mold (over a towel or sheet usually) to force gel when the oven is actually in other use. I have to hide this bundle in the drawer somewhere because miss kitty figured out a while ago if she presses the large button, the blanky gets WARM! Now she thinks it's hers.

Smart cat!

Today I lurked all over this thread for inspiration. I want to make soap but don't know what to make. Not a problem I've ever had before but I feel stuck. Something manly, maybe?
#soapersproblems

Today I lurked all over this thread for inspiration. I want to make soap but don't know what to make. Not a problem I've ever had before but I feel stuck. Something manly, maybe?
#soapersproblems

Bay rum soap, maybe with a little lime and/or orange?

As for me, made a 2.5-lb. batch of soap for my son this morning. He wanted something turquoise, so I am trying the Aqua Green oxide from Oregon Trails for the first time.

I made some shampoo bars. One batch is red clay and bentonite, and the other is a swirl with indigo. I'm hoping it turns out ok. Will post pics as soon as I can unmold and cut.

I made Chai Tea from Brambleberry with chai tea for liquid and chai spice sprinkled on the top. Smells like black tea so far, I hope the spice comes out as it cures.

I finally cleaned out my home office closet and moved the vented soap storage bureau from the cellar upstairs.

Why? Well, we had a bit of a mouse issue this fall, by which I mean I had to throw out five pounds of stored soap because...well, mouse poo. :oops:

No, I don't sell. You are safe.

I mixed up my EO for Martin de Candre dupe for shaving soap. Amazing how masculine it smells being lavender based. Soap to be processed this evening after I clean...

Latest posts

Back