What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@AliOop I hear ya! My last soap was made on the 9th March. My painted stones have been really taking off recently and I've had lots of orders, so they are taking priority.
However, I just realised my soapy thing for today must be that I am in charge of this month's challenge, so I'd better hop to it! (Easter bunny vibes still in the air).

Today I'm washing dishes. 😄 But over the weekend, a friend and her 7-year-old daughter came over and I helped the daughter make her first soap ever. She chose the colors and the fragrance (which we forgot to put in, oops!), she did the stick blending, she did the pouring. And she learned how to tare a scale. It was incredible fun. Now to clean up and get ready for the next one!

Friend got her soaps and she loves OT peche de vigne. She said it is the best peach ever. I guess I just like candied peaches. Guess I’ll be buying more of the scent. I think the reason I’m not a fan of it is because I just don’t like jasmine notes in scents. It seems to be that any fragrance with jasmine I just don’t like and will pick up almost instantly.

Last edited:
Friend got her soaps and she loves OT peche de vigne. She said it is the best peach ever. I guess I just like candied peaches. Guess I’ll be buying more of the scent. I think the reason I’m not a fan of it is because I just don’t like jasmine notes in scents. It seems to be that any fragrance with jasmine I just don’t like and will pick up almost instantly.
I’m looking for a good peach! Who is OT? Thank you very much!

I’m looking for a good peach! Who is OT? Thank you very much!
Oregon Trails. It is not a candy peach. To me it’s a floral peach, but my friend says it’s the best peach she has ever smelled. I think I just like candy peaches. I used it at 1.33oz per pound of oils and got moderate strength after cure, but I’m going to go to my usual 1oz per pound of oils since it does stick in CP.

Last edited:
Oregon Trails. It is not a candy peach. To me it’s a floral peach, but my friend says it’s the best peach she has ever smelled. I think I just like candy peaches.
@AliensrReal thank you!

Ooooh. I don’t like jasmine either. I’m looking for a sweet, juicy, summertime peach. And now I’m hungry for one!

@AliensrReal thank you!

Ooooh. I don’t like jasmine either. I’m looking for a sweet, juicy, summertime peach. And now I’m hungry for one!
That what OT's Peche De Vigne smells like to me - a fresh peach. I don't pick up the jasmine notes at all, and normally florals tend to bother me. But since @AliensrReal does smell it, I'd recommend a trial bottle. She sometimes has specials where you can get 5 trial bottles for a reasonable price. Along with the PDV, I'd recommend their Bonsai, and Sandalwood.

That what OT's Peche De Vigne smells like to me - a fresh peach. I don't pick up the jasmine notes at all, and normally florals tend to bother me. But since @AliensrReal does smell it, I'd recommend a trial bottle. She sometimes has specials where you can get 5 trial bottles for a reasonable price. Along with the PDV, I'd recommend their Bonsai, and Sandalwood.
@AliOop thank you! Yes, florals bother me too. Sometimes I like Bulgarian Rose, but if it's too heavy I get a headache. What does Bonsai smell like? I need some fresh/fruity summer fragrances! There are all on OT?

Yes, florals usually give me a headache, but I don't get that from OT's PDV.

The other scents mentioned are both from OT, as well. Bonsai is hard to describe, and tbh, I am the worst at FO descriptions. The others I tried were:

Mysore Sandalwood (loved it, but not as strong as other Sandalwood FOs)
Colombian Coffee (very much a true coffee scent, stuck well)
German Chamomile Tea (loved it, but faint and didn't stick)
Black Raspberry and Vanilla (well-behaved, stuck well, but turns out I don't like BRV from anywhere)

After my first trial order, I ordered a larger size of PDV and also Arrogance Lime Sugar. Unfortunately, I don't have any notes at all about the Arrogance FO and can't even recall receiving it, TBH.

Yes, florals usually give me a headache, but I don't get that from OT's PDV.

The other scents mentioned are both from OT, as well. Bonsai is hard to describe, and tbh, I am the worst at FO descriptions. The others I tried were:

Mysore Sandalwood (loved it, but not as strong as other Sandalwood FOs)
Colombian Coffee (very much a true coffee scent, stuck well)
German Chamomile Tea (loved it, but faint and didn't stick)
Black Raspberry and Vanilla (well-behaved, stuck well, but turns out I don't like BRV from anywhere)

After my first trial order, I ordered a larger size of PDV and also Arrogance Lime Sugar. Unfortunately, I don't have any notes at all about the Arrogance FO and can't even recall receiving it, TBH.
I'm on there shopping as we speak! Thanks, I love being inspired! I've been thinking about what to do next and have been wanting to do a persimmon. I have the persimmon, but the fragrance isn't particularly strong. Summer is coming! How about a Peach Persimmon (she thinks to herself...) and off down the rabbit hole! 🐰

The florals in peche de vigne don’t actually bother me. They are nice powdery and soft. I just notice it more so than other scents. It is a nice peach scent. It’s not my favorite, because I just like candyish peaches I suppose. It is a beautiful scent and seems to be everyone’s favorite but mine. I will be ordering more for my friend. People have said that peach de vigne is a light scent, but I don’t find it light at all. It lasted wonderfully in my soap.

Just Scents has a mimosa mandarin that is supposed to be juicy and fruity. I smell nothing but florals in it with some vanilla undertones.

Last edited:
@MomInWA, I love the Bonsai and Mysore Sandalwood from OTS as well. I like my FOs really strong, and the OTS Bonsai is the strongest FO I have ever tested, the only one where I back down a little from 1 oz ppo in CP. I will note that it might be a love it or hate it scent, both of my sisters say that it smells too much like a commercial soap fragrance, maybe because it does have that strong extra-clean/slightly laundry-ish scent.

It's not a fruity/summer smell, though. I agree with everyone else that OTS PDV is a very pretty floral peach.

Last edited:
The florals in peche de vigne don’t actually bother me. They are nice powdery and soft. I just notice it more so than other scents. It is a nice peach scent. It’s not my favorite, because I just like candyish peaches I suppose. It is a beautiful scent and seems to be everyone’s favorite but mine. I will be ordering more for my friend. People have said that peach de vigne is a light scent, but I don’t find it light at all. It lasted wonderfully in my soap.

Just Scents has a mimosa mandarin that is supposed to be juicy and fruity. I smell nothing but florals in it with some vanilla undertones.
I totally understand what you are saying, since to me, many scents smell nothing like their description. That worsened after I had a pretty strong bout of Covid, and my sense of smell hasn't been the same since.

I totally understand what you are saying, since to me, many scents smell nothing like their description. That worsened after I had a pretty strong bout of Covid, and my sense of smell hasn't been the same since.
I think my nose has finally recovered from Covid 4 years later. Although, I was a bit perplexed by the fact that I hated WSP Yuzu. There’s some note that I just absolutely hate in it.

Latest posts

Back