What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first scraping soap. The pink set up a bit too much so had some air bubbles inside that I just couldn't tap them out. I got a plastic scraper and the stamps. It was hard getting the ears scraped properly! I might have scraped 30 times. Trust the process!

View attachment 76898
Awe those are so cute!😻

I think the mantra swirl came out great. When cutting from the side it looks like the oasis swirl.

Also used RE lemon slices for a very simple two color soap.
@AliensrReal I love your soaps very nice. I also love the citrus fruit smells my favorite ones are also the Blood Orange &Goji and Fresh Ginger Lime they are my best swirling F/O's I buy them at Candora I actually just made soap today with Blood Orange & Goji my whole kitchen smells like it right now lol. I think you will love it if you can find it at your soap suppliers the Fresh Ginger Lime has a really strong sent too. I hope you can find them.😄

I made this soap Saturday and just cut it. It's still pretty soft. Smells yummy! FO, "Citrus Explosion" from WSP

Attachments

• orangesoap.jpg
    orangesoap.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
@AliensrReal I love your soaps very nice. I also love the citrus fruit smells my favorite ones are also the Blood Orange &Goji and Fresh Ginger Lime they are my best swirling F/O's I buy them at Candora I actually just made soap today with Blood Orange & Goji my whole kitchen smells like it right now lol. I think you will love it if you can find it at your soap suppliers the Fresh Ginger Lime has a really strong sent too. I hope you can find them.😄
Thanks so much! I’m working hard at being decisive when I do swirls. I have used blood orange & goji from WSP and liked it a lot. Right now I’m in love with Lime Kicker. It’s the best lime I’ve ever smelled.

@Firefly24 , how do you like citrus explosion? It does fade quite a bit, but I can still smell it when sniffing the soap.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I’m working hard at being decisive when I do swirls. I have used blood orange & goji from WSP and liked it a lot. Right now I’m in love with Lime Kicker. It’s the best lime I’ve ever smelled.

@Firefly24 , how do you like citrus explosion? It does fade quite a bit, but I can still smell it when sniffing the soap.
I like it now but will be disappointed if it fades to much. If in fact it isn't very good in CP, I will leave a review on the website so others don't purchase it. :cool:

I like it now but will be disappointed if it fades too much. If in fact it isn't very good in CP, I will leave a review on the website so others don't purchase it. :cool:
It fades a considerable amount. I can still lightly smell it after cure, so I consider that a win in my book for a citrus fragrance.

Last edited:
@AliensrReal is this just a natural part of CP soapmaking? Most "citrus" FO's fade or all FO's fade? I did add 98 grams in a 1,594g batch of soap.
Unfortunately, citrus and peach scents tend to just fade. I’ve found some that don’t and will stick well. I’ve been buying a lot of peach and citrus scents lately so I can review them.
@AliensrReal, how does the lime kicker stick?
It sticks so dang well. No fading and no R/A/D. I love it so much. It smells okay in the bottle, but blooms in soap. It’s tart, tangy and a little zesty with a hint of sweetness. It’s my absolute favorite lime FO. I like it more than lime EO. I will be buying a bigger bottle as I want to mix it with other scents, but I do love it on its own.

Last edited:
That sounds really good. am putting a big bottle in the WSP cart for the next FO sale, thank you!
Welcome! Everyone who has smelled a bar wants one. I was really surprised how they came out. I wasn’t too impressed with it in the bottle.

Now I have two lemon scents curing and I’m hoping they both stick. Bright yellow soap is RE Lemon Slices and the paw soaps are RE Lemon Verbena. Lemon Slices really bloomed in the soap. It’s a beautiful lemon scent and if it sticks I’ll use it as a lemonade scent because it smells just like a lemon or very close to it.

Attachments

• IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I, ahem, ... made soap! Seriously, it had been awhile. A friend called today and asked for 39 bars of soap to pass out as Easter gifts to her neighbors (I gave her 40 bc 39 is just too weird). My curing shelves are now empty except 4 regular soaps, the big batch of mechanic's soap that is promised to our mechanic, and some syndet shampoo bars that I need to wrap.

So, I made an 1800g batch of Goat Milk ZNSB, uncolored and scented with White Tea & Ginger. It turns orange when the GMP meets the lye, and then yellow when blended, but it will cure out to a lovely cream color. It's currently on the heating pad, covered up with the other half of my expensive soap oven with the Apple logo on it. ;) This entire batch will go to my other friend down the street. She is obsessed with this scent for her soap, bath bombs and lotion.

IMG_2703.jpg

I guess that means I need to make more soap, so there will be something on the racks for the next occasion when a friend calls wanting soap!

Last edited:
My curing shelves are now empty except 4 regular soaps, the big batch of mechanic's soap that is promised to our mechanic, and some syndet shampoo bars that I need to wrap
How can this be???? You must have super self-control, I can't seem to stop until I run out of room.

If you look at soapcalc, they have both duck and Goose fats listed. Double clicking on a fat in the list will bring up the fat properties on the left side of the screen. They use almost the same amount of NaOH per pound, 0.62g or 0.02oz difference.
Thanks Cindy, It's been a long time since I used the soap calc and I had forgotten about this. Getting ready to make my first bars, hopefully this weekend!

In all the years I've been making soap (about 10), I have never.... ever.... forgotten to add the fragrance. Well, that changed today. I just realized the dish with the FO is still on my windowsill. I made a very pretty pink and purple UNSCENTED soap this morning.

I did that just yesterday! I posted about it here but it got moved to another forum cause there was a photo in it-- I made a very pretty white, green, and blue unscented soap. Sympathies!!

Finally ran out of everything I made last year and had time to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe I've been meaning to make for ages! The recipe is a two-day process. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't ever seem to have two days in a row I can soap. I wish! So I attempted a swirl instead, and honestly I like it! It smells amazing and it's cute, usable soap. The fragrance is lovely, and played well. I probably SB'd it a little too long. The chocolate part was too thick to swirl nicely. But still I think it's cute. I have fragrance left over, so next time I'll know better. I made one large loaf and two 1-lb tall loaves, plus a little left over I made some hearts with.

Recipe is here.
Fragrance I used is here.

Photographic evidence.... 😁

Attachments

• ChocChipCookie1.jpg
    ChocChipCookie1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • ChocChipCookie2.jpg
    ChocChipCookie2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • ChocChipCookie3.jpg
    ChocChipCookie3.jpg