What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my chocolate soap today and it looks pretty, but I forgot to take pics before I put them away. Smells yummy.

Then I got myself wrapped up in a soap dough snowman project inspired by Soy and Shea's you tube video. I have been collecting soap dough from leftover soap just for this. I got my little snow guys and gals put together. I think they are going to stick LOL. I never molded soap dough before. The heads kept falling off. I guess I wet them too much.

I am one hour past my bedtime already, so I am going to have to put clothes on them tomorrow. Some of them look pretty sad, which is why I made extras. But as soon as I get hats and scarves on them, I think they will look a little more happy LOL

View attachment 62488

OMG Adorable 🧼☃️

@Soaplizard those look eatable!

Happy birth month @LynetteO!

@Zing and @Catscankim looking forward to whatever pics y'all are posting next

@Ugeauxgirl I like those.. And you're right that is a very pretty swirl

As for myself... Today... Just cleaning up soap, and soap racks, and soap molds, and.. Well, just really a lot of cleaning up lol

November is my birthday 🥳 month & a dear friend of mine had silicone molds delivered to me today! 🥰🥰🥰
View attachment 62486
November is my birthday 🥳 month & a dear friend of mine had silicone molds delivered to me today! 🥰🥰🥰
Had to make a quick batch of soap using the massage bar mold?!
image.jpg

this is pre and post cpop Andy the Money @Zing LOL. Just to make the visual real

View attachment 62489View attachment 62490
I remember the last time you showed us a pic of the container with that colorant. My recommendation was to throw it away, along with the spatula and anything that has spatters on it. :eek:🤮 But the color sure morphs into a pretty green, so maybe you can just put it in a room where you don't have to look at it while it does its thing? 😁

I finally got to try infused paprika oil in soap' yay. It turned out more of a rusty reddish color, I thought would be more red/ pink shades.
For infusion i used ( 12g of paprika infused in 57g of MCT oil for 4 days in the fridge, stirring a couple times a day. I extracted oil w/a dropper being careful not to disrupt settled paprika on the bottom of container, then used a mesh strainer to assure no small particles were in oil, or least amount possible.

In soap I used 1oz infused MCT oil & 1tea of rose kaolin clay. scented w/ peppermint & orange EO.

Here is a soap I pipped roses on top. not bad considering im new at pipping. I scented this one w/ winter wonderland' patchouly eo, pine needle eo, balsam cedar fo.

Attachments

• 6E376663-0F0D-44BD-8E22-455DC142ABE0.jpeg
    6E376663-0F0D-44BD-8E22-455DC142ABE0.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 30
  • F4A18F7C-E6AB-4220-8C74-F71F506FD428.jpeg
    F4A18F7C-E6AB-4220-8C74-F71F506FD428.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 28
That's a pretty colour! And the colour strength looks quite decent. The paprika powder is a great source of uncertainty, there are so many varieties out there and not all of them are as brilliantly coloured (or as mild 🥵) as one would like them to be for soap. When I used paprika oil, I got actually paprika kernel oil, i. e. the fatty oil pressed from the kernels of bell peppers. A small oil mill sells these, never seen anywhere else yet. Very pure colour, scarlet red in the single % area, and at higher dilutions more salmon/peachy/apricot coloured. Full saturation, with not the faintest brownish tone (and zero sediments to care of).
ETA: I have bought the mild and the hot variant, and I'm through the mild, with only the hot one left, and I WILL NOT use it in soap 🤣.

Last pict' lol. I haven't posted any pictures in a while so thought I'd post. This one is scented in peachy type scents.
Thx for viewing 🧼🤗

That's a pretty colour! And the colour strength looks quite decent. The paprika powder is a great source of uncertainty, there are so many varieties out there and not all of them are as brilliantly coloured (or as mild 🥵) as one would like them to be for soap. When I used paprika oil, I got actually paprika kernel oil, i. e. the fatty oil pressed from the kernels of bell peppers. A small oil mill sells these, never seen anywhere else yet. Very pure colour, scarlet red in the single % area, and at higher dilutions more salmon/peachy/apricot coloured. Full saturation, with not the faintest brownish tone (and zero sediments to care of).
ETA: I have bought the mild and the hot variant, and I'm through the mild, with only the hot one left, and I WILL NOT use it in soap 🤣.
Oh thats interesting' great info too. 🥳🤗. Oh I gotta tell you' yesterday while shopping I spotted " mustard seed oil" & instantly thought of you & your soap you used it in. lol 😉👍🏼.

Attachments

• 693C7D2C-8D9B-4411-9130-B1E7EB59BB8F.jpeg
    693C7D2C-8D9B-4411-9130-B1E7EB59BB8F.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 32
I finally got to try infused paprika oil in soap' yay. It turned out more of a rusty reddish color, I thought would be more red/ pink shades.
For infusion i used ( 12g of paprika infused in 57g of MCT oil for 4 days in the fridge, stirring a couple times a day. I extracted oil w/a dropper being careful not to disrupt settled paprika on the bottom of container, then used a mesh strainer to assure no small particles were in oil, or least amount possible.

In soap I used 1oz infused MCT oil & 1tea of rose kaolin clay. scented w/ peppermint & orange EO.
Love your soaps! Very tie-dyedesque!

Whew! What a soapy day! I had the holiday day off and feel muy productivo. First, I made lotion bars. I'm splurging on my Christmas gifts this year and using 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 cupuacu butter (lookin' at you, @lianasouza and hoping I'm spelling and pronouncing right for a family newspaper), and 1/3 combo of fractionated coconut oil and meadowfoam seed oil (mmmm!) and jojoba.

I also made soap, a Pittsburgh Steelers themed soap for beloved Sis and -- gah! -- now I'm totally angsty. Must. Wait. 24 hours. It was quite the project with 3 mini-column molds as embeds. My stick blender is on the fritz and I used it sparingly. So much stirring. So much math. Now, so much wine....

Last edited:
Getting ready for my first indoor farmers market in my small town. Here’s my trial run setup, I smudged out my business banner logo for this forum but I’m really excited about it. Fingers crossed!
View attachment 62514
Good luck! I'm loving your setup, it is beautiful. Your soaps looks great, and the little festive lights 🥰

My soaping thing today is having a lots of ideas for soap this week but little time to act on them! I have a few ideas for the rainbow soap for the november challenge here on the forum, then thinking to finally try the famous ZNSC, and also figuring out my Christmas soap.
But most importantly I'm impatiently waiting for my micas, which sadly have not arrived yet. I was hoping they would arrive before the weekend. So I'm debating if I should get on with my Christmas soap in the meantime - the issue is, I really wanted to make the rainbow soap lol, so much that I have the rainbow design all planned but the Christmas one not yet 😁 fingers crossed that my postman delivers the micas tomorrow morning!

But most importantly I'm impatiently waiting for my micas, which sadly have not arrived yet. I was hoping they would arrive before the weekend. So I'm debating if I should get on with my Christmas soap in the meantime - the issue is, I really wanted to make the rainbow soap lol, so much that I have the rainbow design all planned but the Christmas one not yet 😁 fingers crossed that my postman delivers the micas tomorrow morning!

Fingers crossed for you!

My soapy thing was cleaning up my soap room- aka the guest bedroom, because my son is bringing a friend home for the weekend.

No soapmaking for me till next week, but truthfully, I'm overrun with soap. A few days off won't hurt. My mom said that I have the best smelling guest bedroom ever!

Well, Zany.. your NSCS is not fool proof! I made my first batch yesterday and unmolded today about 24 hours later. The soap is very soft. I realized late last night that I failed to change the default lye water ratio from 2:1 to 1.7:1. Maybe it will firm up someday? Or maybe I should rebatch? It was my first time using the SMF lye calc, so who knows how I might have mangled your recipe. And it’s really hot here.

Cut yesterday's soap and breathed a sigh of relief and joy, Ta-da! . And did the dishes.

Also, I made more lotion bars today scented with rosemary EO and made with beeswax, cupuacu butter, meadowfoam seed oil (mmmmmmm), and fractionated coconut oil.

My best bud's birthday party is tomorrow and I'll package up some lotion bars and soap for him. He's a fanatic for my lotion bars. With all due respect to a certain German friend on here -- maybe not, sorry not sorry but certain German friend made a smarta-- remark about my TD post -- but my bud is celebrating his birthday with a German tradition of walking house to house and eating stewed kale and it's called a Kohlfart. Kitten Love?! Really?! Most people I know are happy with cake and ice cream on their birthday. And snow is predicted. But he's my best bud so I'll go on this walk and eat stewed kale because that's just how I roll.

EDIT: Sorry, moderator! Love that you changed out my acronym for "Kitten Love"! Kitten love -- it's my new catch phrase! LM...um... B O!!

Last edited:
Getting ready for my first indoor farmers market in my small town. Here’s my trial run setup, I smudged out my business banner logo for this forum but I’m really excited about it. Fingers crossed!
View attachment 62514
Beautiful! Everything is so well done - soaps, packaging, etc. Good luck with the stampede.

Back