What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its Ballet Slippers from mad mica's. the bottom is also ballet slippers but also Voodoo from Mad Micas swirled in.
I have NS Amaranth, which might be close, or a little darker. Your soap brings back good memories of watching the Wizard of Oz back in the days before streaming, dvds and VHS. It was a big annual event in our house. ❤️

Yay success 🙌🏼💫. I gotta say after viewing your shaving soap picts' I was so impressed! and them foaming bubbles' WOW.... 😉👍🏼🤩🧼
Hey Peachy, welcome back! You were missed.

Today I cut a soap that mum and I made yesterday.

The flower is soap dough and the rest has a small amount of rhassoul clay. It's scented with 6 parts sandalwood, 2 parts patchouli, 1 part lemon supreme fragrance.

We call it "Dirty Hippy" 😁

IMG_20210829_204435.jpg

Hey Peachy, welcome back! You were missed.

Today I cut a soap that mum and I made yesterday.

The flower is soap dough and the rest has a small amount of rhassoul clay. It's scented with 6 parts sandalwood, 2 parts patchouli, 1 part lemon supreme fragrance.

We call it "Dirty Hippy" 😁

View attachment 60464
Absolutely love "Dirty Hippy" looks amazing & your FO'S used sound like it would smell fantastic! Oh how I remember them "Hippy-Days" 🚬 ✌🏼🌈🤪.

Awww Thank ü for your kind words' ❤️😘.

I played with soap frosting and Russian piping tips today. Wanted to make some decorations for the top of my next soap. I got a silicone piping bag with my tip set and I don’t know if it was the soap or the cheaply made bag, but a side seam burst just as the batter set up and I started piping! So had to stick with the disposable piping bags. But I had fun. And hopefully will work out nicely on the soap.
0A197224-A1C2-43F7-A327-3E19C0C3F9D7.jpeg

I have NS Amaranth, which might be close, or a little darker. Your soap brings back good memories of watching the Wizard of Oz back in the days before streaming, dvds and VHS. It was a big annual event in our house. ❤
Me too. From the time I was 5 years old me and all the cousins would gather at my grandma's house every year when it was on TV and it was so funny because in the beginning we watched it on a black-and-white TV set upstairs upstairs at my grandma's house. I didn't know the 2nd half was in color until several years later.

Me too. From the time I was 5 years old me and all the cousins would gather at my grandma's house every year when it was on TV and it was so funny because in the beginning we watched it on a black-and-white TV set upstairs upstairs at my grandma's house. I didn't know the 2nd half was in color until several years later.
The switch to color in Munchkin land was an eagerly awaited moment for as long as I can remember. My dad repaired TVs back then, so I’m pretty sure we had color early.

I retried a hearts design. It's hard to see. But it shockingly did not come out horrible!!! It's scented with cashmere suede from WSP. In my experience no acceleration.

It's funny I believe I've had clothes made of cashmere and suede, nothing smelled like this!

Attachments

• 20210829_174646.jpg
    20210829_174646.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 16
I played with soap frosting and Russian piping tips today. Wanted to make some decorations for the top of my next soap. I got a silicone piping bag with my tip set and I don’t know if it was the soap or the cheaply made bag, but a side seam burst just as the batter set up and I started piping! So had to stick with the disposable piping bags. But I had fun. And hopefully will work out nicely on the soap.
View attachment 60467
They look like some kind of decadent candies. Pretty!

Happy to report that I made soap two days in a row!

I am going to a knitting retreat in October and want to make some special soap for the swag bags. Yesterday I made a white and purple drop/chopstick Lilac soap. I then attempted to make some rose soap in my special cavity molds, but had a problem…batter went from light trace to glop and from pink to beige in just a few minutes. Didn’t know what happened, so decided to quit while I was behind.

This morning I made the second Retreat soap…double lavender and sage (lavender and lavender and sage) in purple with a green swirl. Can’t believe that the green I picked went well with the lavender.

So back to the rose soap part II. Figured out the problem while looking for a different ‘pink’. Last year I had bought some mica that turned out to not be usable with CP so I had pulled it and put on the desk. Hubby must have seen it and thought he would do a good deed and put it away for me. I generally don’t look at the label when I pick a color…I just look at the color. I do the label thing after the soap is done and I’m making my notes. I put a black X on the lid. Soap turned out like it was supposed. I unmolded the other rose soap and 4 of the 6 bars turned out okay…they are a nice shade of white.

I then went on to make soaps for the grandkids. I did a car soap in red with Oat Milk& Honey and with the same FO, I did a set of animals that I colored Grey (Hippo), brown (Mouse) and an orange w/a bit of brown (Lion).

Last was a batch of Green Apple with a white and green drop/chopstick swirl.

I’ll take pics tomorrow.

After a long hiatus, during which I was relegated to a wheelchair due to hip pain, finally had a hip replacement, then fell on our concrete driveway and broke 3 ribs, I’m now back in the saddle. I was afraid I’d forgotten how to do this, but my first batch turned out nicely. Only problem was the Lemon Verbena FO from Nature’s Oil I used. Smells like Lemon Pledge. Very chemical. ☹

Hopefully it'll mellow out.

But I've had the same problem with every mint oil I've used from everywhere. To me my.nose catches a chemical undertone.

Either way good on you for getting back in the saddle. But don't get back in the saddle because you don't want to risk a fall!

Made a batch yesterday, unmolded and cut today. It was supposed to be a Taiwan swirl but the FO made for some thick batter. The leftover batter (including all the black that was too thick to spoon between the dividers) went into a 1lb mold for a hanger swirl, and turned out better than the "planned" soap. The off white was the left over uncolored batter poured into the plastic tray that came inside a package of cookies. Little chunky in size but I liked the ribbing on the sides.

IMG_1496.JPG

Here’s the cut Mr @Zing - the glycerin rivers did not disappoint. I kinda wondered if maybe I shouldn’t have gelled this one toget a smooth finish.
View attachment 60466
I really like this! What were your proportions? I did -- I'm pretty sure because of you -- a 75/25 split that looks 50/50. I'm thinking next time to do a 80/20.

Ooh, this is totally taking me back! Yes, an annual event that we had to watch at a designated date and time -- believe it or not, youngsters, we also had to answer the phone in a certain room and only if we heard it! The first viewing of Wizard of Oz traumatized me. The first time I saw the wicked witch, I fled the den and hid behind the curtains in my living room and stayed there til the movie was done. My pretty!!
giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
I really like this! What were your proportions? I did -- I'm pretty sure because of you -- a 75/25 split that looks 50/50. I'm thinking next time to do a 80/20.
I did - because of your comment on my 75/25 - about an 80-20 lol! Although I never really know because I don't measure. I still had a bit of blue left over which i put into an individual cavity mold as a spare.

Yay success 🙌🏼💫. I gotta say after viewing your shaving soap picts' I was so impressed! and them foaming bubbles' WOW.... 😉👍🏼🤩🧼

Thank you, you`re so sweet😊 It is fun when things go well! (and not so fun when they don`t, lol..)

This is my soapsy ting today...🤭
I got these tiny figurines that is for model trains. I wanted to have some for when I am taking pictures of my soaps when I get my blog up.

Yes, it is a bit of silly, but I want to do things my own way😁

climbing on my soap.jpg

Made soap yesterday. Made with tallow, lard, etc., also put corn silk in the lye solution, added colloidal oats, and one whole egg to the fats.

Was going to pipe blueish purple on the top to resemble blueberries but I was making dinner while I let the batter set in the piping bag. By the time I made my way back, it had gotten really hot and was too thick. It has started to gel! Whoops. That was unusual. Plopped what I could on top and left the rest plain.

So, going to just cut the plain bars and take a crack at doing some sort of stencil on the face of the bars. Will make my way to Michael’s to look for said stencil.

Calling it either “Down on the Farm” or “Barnyard.” Used BB’s OMH.

I retried a hearts design. It's hard to see. But it shockingly did not come out horrible!!! It's scented with cashmere suede from WSP. In my experience no acceleration.

It's funny I believe I've had clothes made of cashmere and suede, nothing smelled like this!
Good to know' the scent is off from your past memory of Cashmere & Suede, I love the suede & leather scents. Sorry its not what you anticipated, your soap is pretty though.

I designed a soap that smells like cigar & leather' I call it "The Cigar Bar" its hard to nail both of the scents as the natural scent, in so much I can't replicate per request from my future Son In-Law, so frustrating. I think the company changed the formula' or my mistake for not taking better notes.

Hi all. Sorry i been mia for a while. Been doing some house stuff and preparing for a party. Plus my work hours changed, so dealing with that too lol.

My soapy thing today was ordering a bunch of fo for the holiday season. Party was good, actually great (pig roast). Still cleaning up from that, so hopefully i can make some soap today. Missed you guys!!

Latest posts

Back