What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be aware that the NG sample sales are gimmicky. They only offer it on the Fragrances listed when you click the image.

Notice that when you use the "quick pick" listed under the image, the sample price is the full price:

The price will not be corrected at checkout. I complained about it last time they charged me full price and I was told "sorry not sorry".
It's snakey and it makes me angry.

Ack, NG...Everytime I hear their name I get...🤢

I was and am so incredibly disappointed in them, and I suported them for almost 7 years. I understand that a company may need to do some changes here and there, but those sorry not sorry, we can`t be bothered, type of cold answers is a huge trigger for me. It is a tell-tell sign of a company that gets to "big" to really care about the "smaller ones".

I know a lot you have great things to say about NG, and haven`t experienced the ugly side to them, I am glad.

It wasn`t untill I experienced their treatment that I really understood how important it is for me to be able to experience a CS that is just generally nice and invested in you as a customer (I am not asking for their first born child, but something as simple as answering an email within a week), and generally making sure you get assistance when there are questions you need answered. I don`t feel that is asking to much.

Which is where Nurture Soap is a fantastic company, because they care equally for those small time hobby soapers that only makes soaps for family, and doesn`t order hundreds of dollars per order, and for those who sell and put in bigger orders.
And they are honest and transparent, no trickery there. (And if there is an error, they admit it, and say oops, we are very sorry, we`ll straighten this out for you right now!)

Nurture soap actually helped me getting my groove back after the slump and depression I went into after the NG thing. And all they did was being helpfull, nice and making me feel that even though I am not the biggest spender, they care about me being a happy customer.

After not making soap for two weeks, I made a batch yesterday and today. Yesterday's batch was for a friend I'm going to visit in a month or so, and today's was a charcoal facial bar for my neighbor. I used Jan Berry's recipe. The trace was too thin, so I didn't get swirls, but maybe she'll request more and I can try that again.

Trying to ramp up production for holiday gifts! I made fall spice and coffee soaps on Monday, then I attempted a fancy swirl with my matcha coconut milk soap last night. It's still all tucked in, so I'll keep you posted when I cut it 🤞🤞🤞 I am going to attempt a thin blue line soap (husband is a cop) for all his coworkers as Christmas gifts. Any advice on getting nice, straight lines? I'll be using activated charcoal and mica for the colors. I still haven't decided on a scent. Maybe something piney?

Ack, NG...Everytime I hear their name I get...🤢

I was and am so incredibly disappointed in them, and I suported them for almost 7 years. I understand that a company may need to do some changes here and there, but those sorry not sorry, we can`t be bothered, type of cold answers is a huge trigger for me. It is a tell-tell sign of a company that gets to "big" to really care about the "smaller ones".

I know a lot you have great things to say about NG, and haven`t experienced the ugly side to them, I am glad.

It wasn`t untill I experienced their treatment that I really understood how important it is for me to be able to experience a CS that is just generally nice and invested in you as a customer (I am not asking for their first born child, but something as simple as answering an email within a week), and generally making sure you get assistance when there are questions you need answered. I don`t feel that is asking to much.

Which is where Nurture Soap is a fantastic company, because they care equally for those small time hobby soapers that only makes soaps for family, and doesn`t order hundreds of dollars per order, and for those who sell and put in bigger orders.
And they are honest and transparent, no trickery there. (And if there is an error, they admit it, and say oops, we are very sorry, we`ll straighten this out for you right now!)

Nurture soap actually helped me getting my groove back after the slump and depression I went into after the NG thing. And all they did was being helpfull, nice and making me feel that even though I am not the biggest spender, they care about me being a happy customer.
Huse NS fan here! Honestly I haven’t ventured too far. But the products I’ve gotten, and the excellent customer service has just kept me going back there.

I'll have a problem when I start masterbatching lye! Yep! I'll admit it then! *adds large lye safe containers to amazon wishlist....
Ha! I posted this beginning of March and found it today when searching for an answer to a question.... I don't think I am ready to admit I have a problem just yet!

So, my masterbatch of lye is 50/50 concentration, my question was : if I'm using say coconut milk, goats milk or aloe vera juice.. etc..as water replacement, can I add it to my oils and then mix in the proper amount of my 50/50 lye solution? Does that keep the milk from scorching or whatever?

Ha! I posted this beginning of March and found it today when searching for an answer to a question.... I don't think I am ready to admit I have a problem just yet!

So, my masterbatch of lye is 50/50 concentration, my question was : if I'm using say coconut milk, goats milk or aloe vera juice.. etc..as water replacement, can I add it to my oils and then mix in the proper amount of my 50/50 lye solution? Does that keep the milk from scorching or whatever?
Too funny! Yes, you can mix your additional water with the oils, or with the MB lye solution, at your preference. If I'm using CA instead of citrate I add it to the lye solution since I want the reaction between the lye and citrate to happen before I mix it with the oils. It probably doesn't really matter but that's how my mind sorts it all out.

I cut my omh soap today. Not showing a picture yet because it has a weird looking inside. I'm sure it will be whiter after it sits a while.

I used OMH fo from NS. I usually don't scent my omh soap because I like the natural smell of it, but this time I did just because it smells nice lol.

Other than that, I have been scouring yt videos for inspiration for my next soap...still sitting at the computer, so that didn't work LOL.

However I found a video for a clear hybrid from From Grace to You. I followed the link for the clear soap (not M&P), but I am a little confused about the alcohol used. Does anybody know? Is it everclear or something?

Other activities today...I went to Lowes to pick up my dirt and mulch order that I placed like two weeks ago and never got around to getting. I actually forgot all about it until they called this morning. Now I have a whole pickup truck full of bags that I still have to unload.

While I was there...I don't know if it was because I didn't eat yet, it was too hot, or a hangover...probably a combination of all of the above, but I started feeling woozy. I left my cart and grabbed a bottle of water. That didn't help so I ended up sitting on the floor in front of my cart in the seed aisle to avoid passing out. People were walking by and not even paying attention LMBO. Like is this a regular occurrence there? Maybe, since it was really so stinkin hot in there.

I started thinking that maybe I was a little hypoglycemic considering that I hadn't eaten yet and decided that a pepsi would probably have been a better option. But from my vantage point on the floor, the cooler at the register seemed a million miles away. All I kept thinking was that I really hope nobody calls 911 LOL. I would have been mortified.

Anyway, I'm OK. LOL.

Well, my swirl was a flop! More of a blob!

Attachments

• F4FAF61F-83F8-43A1-88C2-E639E6286EF9.jpeg
    F4FAF61F-83F8-43A1-88C2-E639E6286EF9.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 9
I just use caution with their marketing emails and no longer assume that the "sale price" is reflected at checkout. If it's not there before I add it to my cart, it doesn't get added. Otherwise I have been extremely happy with all the products I buy from them, their prices, and the fast shipping.

So what is this unfinished feeling coming from?
Because you don't have a bar of the soap in your hand.

Yesterday I started doodling out some of my new soaps for the coming year. I have the soap making side of my biz pretty solid and efficient but the B&B side has me a bit loco, so as much as I want to go a bit crazy with some of the new soap designs, I decided to simplify quite a few ideas I had. Looking forward to getting started on soaps this weekend.

Back