What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I unmolded cupcake soaps from yesterday. I also made a plain castille and "loaded" castille (with a ton of additives). Now the waiting game begins...

Just beveled almost 200 bars of soap. Tomorrow going to wrap and label all my soap. Think I have 300 to do. My markets start in two weeks. Need to make shave soap and sugar scrub on Sunday.

Not well. I know I've failed so I'm going to have a couple of weeks off then start revising to resit in September. Bit gutted as it'll be the first one I've failed. Get the results 1st August

Aww that sucks. Maybe you did better than you thought though. Anyways there is always SOAP to make up for it :D Keep your chin up as you will get there in the end. :D

You may not have failed sonya, wait till you get the results. Sometimes we think we have done worse that we actually have. If the exam was very hard for everyone then they may alter the marking to reflect that.

It's one if the worst exams in the course - pass rate is only approx 40%!

Here's the online poll from people that sat it yesterday

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433588312.132706.jpg

I unmolded and cut into yesterday's soap. I tried to do the swirl, but my batter was too thick, and I used a skewer where I probably should have used something thicker. Then I had extra black batter, so I put it on top. I'm going to file this under "I meant to do that" rather than call it a fail. The piggy smell is gone, and the scent is not too light. It was Animalistic Instinct from NG.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433607998.957600.jpg

I am obsessed w/milk soaps now, in the past few days have made coconut milk w/different SF amounts, goats milk, today will be buttermilk and two versions of heavy cream. OMG, this soap making addiction is crazy, how do those of you w/actual *lives* do it? And now I have to wait for at least a month to wait to see how to tweak after a short cure! Weird combination of immediate-ish gratification (the unmolding and cutting is so fun) and waiting to see results.

ETA: awesome molds, Chrisje, I'm glad you made them yourself rather than buying the kit. If I was as handy as you clearly are I would make all my stuff (molds, cutters, etc.) myself.

Last edited:
Today I cleaned most of the soap utensils. Still have to scrub that SB! My least favorite part of making soap :sad:

I also boxed up some soap samples to give to my orchestra conductor, who is retiring after tomorrow's concert.

I made two batches of my Banya salt soap and two batches of my Mortar and Pestle soap (with sage and clove). I actually set a timer for an hour so I wouldn't forget to cut my salt bars :)
I also ground up some coffee for a scrub, did some research for a collaboration project with someone in my farmers markets, and even did my soap dishes...including the molds from the salt batches! Whew!

I made a batch with cedarwood, tangerine and white grapefruit essential oils. My daughter picked out the colors - turquoise, orangish pink, and yellow.

Also made a batch of wsp's love spell colored with pink vibrance, black sparkle and white sparkle.

1433649644206.jpg

1433649664395.jpg

Back