What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww - I LOVE it! It's a Kiwi + Moose! Now all the Americans will know what a Kiwi looks like.
Fun fact: Kiwifruit was a marketing ploy by New Zealand growers of 'Chinese Gooseberries' when it became an export item. They thought that by renaming it Kiwifruit people would know it was from NZ. But there are not a lot of people outside of Australia, UK and Europe that know a) 'Kiwis' are what the NZ people call themselves and b) Kiwis are actually a flightless bird native to NZ.
Kiwi Facts & Characteristics :: Kiwis for kiwi

Last edited:
their large, dinosauric feet mean they can walk almost silently, their tread muffled by fleshy footpads
Sounds scary 🤣 But what I've heard from a friend who had made that famous hike across the South Island, they are really cute and clever, but at times also annoying when they attack your provisions over night.

Sneaking this question in to get some input. We are having a garage sale this Saturday. Considering putting soap out to sell. Would you? Wouldn’t you? And the nest question is do I “discount” the price or keep it the same? Thoughts?

Sneaking this question in to get some input. We are having a garage sale this Saturday. Considering putting soap out to sell. Would you? Wouldn’t you? And the nest question is do I “discount” the price or keep it the same? Thoughts?
I absolutely would and I would not discount the price. If garage sales there are anything like here, people will try to bargain for a lower price. If you discount the price, you're already behind.

I made lotion bars! One of my favorite staffers is leaving us for grad school. At Christmas time, I gave my staff lotion bars. I always have to explain them as "like chapstick except for your skin." Joey, my staffer, said "I know what they are, I'm a rock climber." I told him that my sons are rock climbers and introduced me to Climb On lotion bars. I couldn't believe the price and decided to dupe it. I call it Clamber Up -- and shhh -- also, kinda maybe also duped the label. He also likes my black pepper lotion bar so I made a batch of black pepper lotion bars and Clamber Up.
Loving' my silicone measuring cups for melting beeswax!

I would, and I would not discount them. I was kind of considering doing the same thing.

I made lotion bars! One of my favorite staffers is leaving us for grad school. At Christmas time, I gave my staff lotion bars. I always have to explain them as "like chapstick except for your skin." Joey, my staffer, said "I know what they are, I'm a rock climber." I told him that my sons are rock climbers and introduced me to Climb On lotion bars. I couldn't believe the price and decided to dupe it. I call it Clamber Up -- and shhh -- also, kinda maybe also duped the label. He also likes my black pepper lotion bar so I made a batch of black pepper lotion bars and Clamber Up.
Do you use those silicone to melt beeswax in the microwave?

May I ask' why do you melt the beeswax separately when making your "wonderful lotion bars" im wanting to make them & any info is most appreciated. sounds like you've created a winning LB 🙌🏼👍🏼 love the name too.

Pretty happy with my little “SOAPrises” in my bath bombs! I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of something biodegradable! Now I’ve got a whole world of possibilities!!!
Also, I took TWO baths yesterday. For science!!!

Attachments

• 1661B4F6-BF27-4696-BC1F-0A768FA56DFE.jpeg
    1661B4F6-BF27-4696-BC1F-0A768FA56DFE.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 26F235B4-F29D-444E-A803-D1BC198B0055.jpeg
    26F235B4-F29D-444E-A803-D1BC198B0055.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 43
May I ask' why do you melt the beeswax separately when making your "wonderful lotion bars" im wanting to make them & any info is most appreciated. sounds like you've created a winning LB 🙌🏼👍🏼 love the name too.
I read somewhere -- maybe here? -- that it's best to melt shea butter at a lower temperature. So I melt all the ingredients EXCEPT shea, on high (hot plate). When that's all melted, I turn to low and add shea butter. I'm not sure on the reason, though.

Do you use those silicone to melt beeswax in the microwave?
I use my trusty hotplate that I had to get from my days of soaping in my house that I bought WITHOUT A KITCHEN! I use a pan of boiling water and put the silicone measuring cup in it -- so it's essentially a double boiler.

I read somewhere -- maybe here? -- that it's best to melt shea butter at a lower temperature. So I melt all the ingredients EXCEPT shea, on high (hot plate). When that's all melted, I turn to low and add shea butter. I'm not sure on the reason, though.

I use my trusty hotplate that I had to get from my days of soaping in my house that I bought WITHOUT A KITCHEN! I use a pan of boiling water and put the silicone measuring cup in it -- so it's essentially a double boiler.
Oh that sounds like a perfect idea' 💡. Thank you 💫🙌🏼

Pretty happy with my little “SOAPrises” in my bath bombs! I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of something biodegradable! Now I’ve got a whole world of possibilities!!!
Also, I took TWO baths yesterday. For science!!!
Awwww nothing like a Hot Bath' yah just kicked it up a notch w/ your awesome Bath Bombs.

What Kid wont love that little Critter Surprise' 💫🙌🏼 Genius.

I received my order from WSP moments ago' the 8 pounds of ( no stir ) Palm Oil leaked all over my other items & through the cardboard box, thats not all my EO & ROE wasn't shipped. Such a pisser 😡.

Call them ASAP - not acceptable!
They are closed' but I did leave a email @ there website, letting them know. I'll call them Monday.
PO had no seal around lid & the lid wasn't tapped or placed in a ziplock bag. The shipping box wasn't padded well, my other items not only had oil all over them, they were mashed in there plastic bags from being tossed to & from.
So Unacceptable Is Right! ugh...

I've ordered PO from two different suppliers & both use a rubber like seal that fits inside of lid & the outside of lid is tapped, then the container is in a heavy duty ziplock bag.

The single time I bought cosmetic-grade palm oil (500 g), it was shrink-wrapped in a plastic bag, that itself was shrink-wrapped in another plastic bag. There must be something about palm oil that reasonable vendors try to avoid it to wander around in the shipping packet. 🤷‍♀️

The single time I bought cosmetic-grade palm oil (500 g), it was shrink-wrapped in a plastic bag, that itself was shrink-wrapped in another plastic bag. There must be something about palm oil that reasonable vendors try to avoid it to wander around in the shipping packet. 🤷‍♀️
Yes as it should be. 😉🙌🏼.

Ditto, I haven't bought much, but when I have it was in a tub with a seal and then the whole tub was sealed again with a layer of plastic wrap.

@Peachy Clean Soap I hope they are suitably apologetic and you get sorted out!

For me, soapy things have been thin on the ground lately, since I've been busy with Hatching a new batch

But my new 3d printer arrived! So yesterday I got to try out a test stamp for the first time - I'm pretty pleased with the outcome:
IMG_20210612_093955.jpg

The soap was probably a bit old to stamp perfectly, and some of the details need tweaking, but as a first attempt, I'm thrilled 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back