What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Zing

Reaction score
No soap but I did attempt a lip butter, trying to dupe a brand name. Big news -- used my new silicone measuring cups! Game. Changed. Where have these been all my life full of hatred for cleaning up beeswax!!

Not sure how the butter will turn out. It seemed like the stevia didn't dissolve. I can always re-melt and tweak so I'm not terribly worried. My first with several ingredients including Cupuacu butter which felt great handling it.

And you all can tell me sons off!. They just laughed when I said I'm an influencer now on social media. Some people's kids.

MarinaB

Reaction score
Got lavender from my friend.

I got this red or pink clay in Mongolia, Gobi desert. Just scraped for free. Wish I got more of it. Brought back home also some sand, but do not use it much.

Attachments

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I worked on imbeds using Melt & Pour' for the first time, I gotta say M & P is a bit strange! though it set up fast & I liked how well it captures the design of the molded which is nice, instant gratification yay 😉😃 It defiantly has its place & would make a nice bar of soap if I add'ed extra skin loving items, but cant take the place of CP or HP Soap. Rightfully so its like comparing oranges & apples.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Submitted my application for my local farmers market today. This was a huge milestone! I’ve never done one before. Did a bunch of labeling/packaging, then washed a giant sink full of dishes. Also, bought a shampoo syndet shampoo bar, and conditioner recipe, and excited to play with those! Nervous excited!

Who are my “etsy DIYbathandbodyshop” folks on here who use that shampoo and conditioner recipe? @AliOop ? Is there a thread for those? I can’t find it. I’m very excited to try! Mostly, I’m about to finish my bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and I do not want to buy more. 😆
Do you use a press to make yours, or do they pour into regular molds ok?

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are my “etsy DIYbathandbodyshop” folks on here who use that shampoo and conditioner recipe? @AliOop ? Is there a thread for those? I can’t find it. I’m very excited to try! Mostly, I’m about to finish my bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and I do not want to buy more. 😆
Do you use a press to make yours, or do they pour into regular molds ok?
I make them and have been using them for a couple of years now. There is a DIY Bath & Body FB group; it's a great group of people with a lot of great input.

I normally make them with a press but made them in a silicon mold for the first time today.

20210307_135930-01edited.jpeg DSCN1927-01.jpeg

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make them and have been using them for a couple of years now. There is a DIY Bath & Body FB group; it's a great group of people with a lot of great input.

I normally make them with a press but made them in a silicon mold for the first time today.

View attachment 54860 View attachment 54861
Thank you! Perfect. I’m reading the tutorials now.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I like them, too! Don’t have a press, so I used my stiffer silicone molds to shape the bars. Have given them to a few testers who love them, too. Hope they work for you!

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and kneaded it today. Great consistency. I’m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneaded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...

B8A8FB42-6BCF-4CCE-84A3-E1C0A1C05669.jpeg

Last edited:

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and needed it today. Great consistency. I’m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneeded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...
Love the colors. Reminds me of Spring.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and needed it today. Great consistency. I’m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneeded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...

View attachment 54874
Those are beautiful! Did you use AC or oxide for the black? Also, my hands were SO sore for a couple of days afterwards. It’s quite a workout.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful! Did you use AC or oxide for the black? Also, my hands were SO sore for a couple of days afterwards. It’s quite a workout.
Thank you! It is a bit of a workout! Lol. I used black oxide. I really didn’t use enough to get a true black but I like how it turned out. More of a dark charcoal.