What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am beveling, polishing, and wrapping a bunch of soaps in an attempt to clear out my soap curing room in order to make it back into my sewing room LOL. And by wrapping, I mean I am just putting into bags and heat sealing them. I don't have time to shrink wrap them all atm. At least I get them half done LOL. I am up to about 100.

I have started using my planer as my beveling tool of choice...I just hold the bar at an angle and run it through. Up until now, I have really made some bad bevels and I destroy soap with the potato peeler. I saw this on a video (using the planer) and gave it a shot, and it works so much nicer for me.

Don't know if I will make soap tonight. I hoped to do so, but my main mission tonight was to get as many soaps out of that room as I possibly could. Right now I am storing them in a cabinet, but I plan on relocating to the OTHER bedroom, but I need some shelving and am hesitant to buy any until we close on the house, which if all goes as planned, should be March 8th!!! It was supposed to be the 1st, then moved to the 16th, now to the 8th.

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a batch of soap dough last night, and this morning I have to start work early, so I got up extra early and made some pebbles :)

IMG_20210305_085528.jpg IMG_20210305_091258.jpg

They're a little bit rough and fingerprinty right now, but I think once they've hardened and I can polish them up a bit, they'll be just what I was going for.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Official new strategy for my racing mind when i cant fall asleep, works well! Plan soap making in my head. This has been helping me a few times recently when I had a lot on my mind or was anxious. Give the old grey matter something to work on, but that is relaxing. Anybody else do this?
#soapingiscoping

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you create a post? Confusing
Except: On the last step, you will click on "POST THREAD" ( the button title has changed to this)
:)

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Official new strategy for my racing mind when i cant fall asleep, works well! Plan soap making in my head. This has been helping me a few times recently when I had a lot on my mind or was anxious. Give the old grey matter something to work on, but that is relaxing. Anybody else do this?
#soapingiscoping
Yes! I sometimes use colored pencils to draw my design and figure out what color scheme I actually want.
Also, I love coming up with new recipes. The possibility of it all, the reliability of math, the (slight) mystery of what it will actually be like... It might wear off eventually, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Zing

Reaction score
#soapingiscoping
Doesn't everyone do this?!

jcandleattic

Reaction score
#soapingiscoping
Get a pen and notebook as well, and write those ideas down!! I have my pen and pad with me at all times, and anytime an idea comes to me I write it down, and then, time permitting, try to elaborate on that idea. It helps as well, and then there's no fear of forgetting a great idea!! :)

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How do you create a post? Confusing

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Mom just got a heat press & I sooo want to make a #soapingiscoping t-shirts! LOL!!!
Calling dibs on first shirts available! bahaha I got through so much crap in my life when I started making soap.

Lotions were successfully made last night. Continuing with sugar scrubs this weekend. It will be a week+ before I get back to soap.

Latest posts