What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I worked on imbeds using Melt & Pour' for the first time, I gotta say M & P is a bit strange! though it set up fast & I liked how well it captures the design of the molded which is nice, instant gratification yay šŸ˜‰šŸ˜ƒ It defiantly has its place & would make a nice bar of soap if I add'ed extra skin loving items, but cant take the place of CP or HP Soap. Rightfully so its like comparing oranges & apples.

I finally made soap today. Pink Sangria. Can't wait to cut it tomorrow.

pink sangria.jpg

Submitted my application for my local farmers market today. This was a huge milestone! Iā€™ve never done one before. Did a bunch of labeling/packaging, then washed a giant sink full of dishes. Also, bought a shampoo syndet shampoo bar, and conditioner recipe, and excited to play with those! Nervous excited!

Who are my ā€œetsy DIYbathandbodyshopā€ folks on here who use that shampoo and conditioner recipe? @AliOop ? Is there a thread for those? I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m very excited to try! Mostly, Iā€™m about to finish my bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and I do not want to buy more. šŸ˜†
Do you use a press to make yours, or do they pour into regular molds ok?

Who are my ā€œetsy DIYbathandbodyshopā€ folks on here who use that shampoo and conditioner recipe? @AliOop ? Is there a thread for those? I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m very excited to try! Mostly, Iā€™m about to finish my bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and I do not want to buy more. šŸ˜†
Do you use a press to make yours, or do they pour into regular molds ok?
I make them and have been using them for a couple of years now. There is a DIY Bath & Body FB group; it's a great group of people with a lot of great input.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DIYBathandBodyShop
I normally make them with a press but made them in a silicon mold for the first time today.

20210307_135930-01edited.jpeg DSCN1927-01.jpeg

Yup, I like them, too! Donā€™t have a press, so I used my stiffer silicone molds to shape the bars. Have given them to a few testers who love them, too. Hope they work for you!

So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and kneaded it today. Great consistency. Iā€™m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneaded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...

B8A8FB42-6BCF-4CCE-84A3-E1C0A1C05669.jpeg

Last edited:
So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and needed it today. Great consistency. Iā€™m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneeded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...
Love the colors. Reminds me of Spring.

So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and needed it today. Great consistency. Iā€™m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneeded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...

View attachment 54874
Those are beautiful! Did you use AC or oxide for the black? Also, my hands were SO sore for a couple of days afterwards. Itā€™s quite a workout.

Those are beautiful! Did you use AC or oxide for the black? Also, my hands were SO sore for a couple of days afterwards. Itā€™s quite a workout.

Thank you! It is a bit of a workout! Lol. I used black oxide. I really didnā€™t use enough to get a true black but I like how it turned out. More of a dark charcoal.

Thank you! It is a bit of a workout! Lol. I used black oxide. I really didnā€™t use enough to get a true black but I like how it turned out. More of a dark charcoal.
You can add more colorant to your dough and knead it in. It's a little messy, but it's do-able.

Good to know! Thank you. Would you disperse it first in a small amount of oil, or just add it dry? Iā€™m thinking that dispensing it would have a better outcome.
I've had good results adding them dry, even including water-soluble TD. I wouldn't recommend using very much oil, if any. The more material you add, the harder it is to keep it from squeezing out/off of the dough. Oil keeps dough from sticking together as well, which would make kneading even harder. Water makes dough more sticky, and kneading dries dough out, so if you use anything, I would suggest a very cautious amount of water.

My new soap mould and cutter arrived! (This being my first 'real' soap mould that's not a milk carton or repurposed bread tin...) And I found olive oil at Tesco's for a very good price. Combined with a crappy afternoon at work I felt like today was the perfect day to try Zany's no slime castile.
Hopefully the fact that the lye in fake seawater wasn't completely clear after dissolving is ok, I think it is. I added a bit of turmeric for colour and to see how it behaves, and no scent.

Of course then I discovered that there isn't a level surface in the house, and I had to steal the spirit level from my baking box to straighten things out:
IMG_20210308_185227.jpg
Can't wait to see how it turns out tomorrow!

These are my most recent batches and my first two times using the drop swirl technique. It's so easy and is a really cool look. The ones on the left are Star Jasmine & Vanilla Scent and the ones on the right (that I just cut today and will bevel later) are Spiced Winter Apple but I'm going to call them Apple & Pear Medley.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 31
Back