What size batch do you normally make???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was doing 8.5 lbs but recently switched to 5 lbs. Two reasons: new mold holds 5 lbs but wanted to make smaller batches to have more variety

1lb batches. this gives me lots of soap to test new fragrances/oils with without sacrificing too much if things go bad. also a great way to test 1oz fragrances, no measuring needed and it's cheap :D

My main recipe is 6.2 lbs but I'm going to start doing smaller batches for experimentation.

I'm primarily a hobbyist so generally 800 grams which fits an 8 inch silicone loaf mold like the kind sold by BB, WSP and Bebe (Richard). If I'm making soap for a swap or an event of some sort, I'll double or triple it. The most I make at one time is 5 lbs.

I have 2 log molds. Each one makes 4 pounds of soap. I usually only make 1 at a time but when I make a double batch (using both molds) then I have 8 pounds of soap.

I've got 1, 2, 3, 5,& 6 lb molds.

My most used and adored at the 1&2 lb. The 6 is a new buy and has never been used the 3&5 I've used once each.

heya .... I do 400g for experiments and self-indulgence. If I'm doing something special for friends n family I do a 1kg log. :)

Like judymoody, I'm a hobby soaper, so I keep my batches on the small side. My normal size batch is 2.5 lbs (just over 1 kg), and for my experimental 'test' batches I do 1.2 lbs (.54 kg). The most I ever make at a time is 5 lbs (2.26 kg), usually around September to prepare for Christmas-time gift giving.

IrishLass :)

I do 1000 gram batches, or double that if I want to use my larger slab mold. I don't really make much since it is just for my family and some gifts.

126oz of oils (193 or so total oz). Anymore then that and it gets too heavy for me to lift or do anything with by myself hehe.

Latest posts

Back